Miami (FL) fires OC - Patrick Nix

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by houtxbengal, Dec 30, 2008.

1. DwayneBowned

DwayneBowned Founding Member

The way they handled that 2 minute drill was atrocious. A 12 year old kid who plays Madden could have handled that better. I wasn't rooting for Miami or Cal but I was yelling at the TV just because I was annoyed that a division 1 team would be that bad at running the 2 minute drill.

2. houtxbengal

houtxbengal Founding Member

It was pretty bad. I watched Shannon walk the sideline very calm as time ticked away. My only question with that is 'how much offensive control did Nix have in game situations and was Shannon allowing Nix to run the offense?'. [A valid question of - who has control and when - because, here in Houston, Shanahan's 28 yr. old son is the Texans' OC, but Kubiak does the play-calling. No one can explain this concept other than Kubiak wants a puppet.]

Lastly, as big a Tiger fan as I am, the Arkansas game was just as bad in the final few seconds after we got setup on their side of the field with a good special teams return and a timeout left. We had a number of "Miami moments" with our freshman led-offense as they did with theirs. Yet, we didn't make any changes which lends me to believe that Nix was being nice when he said they had different philosophies. They just flat out didn't like each other and it was a house-divided. JMO. Hope it works out for us in recruiting the Seminole prospects.

3. Lprimo

Lprimo Pimpin Aint Easy

I personally think Randy Shannon did that to spite Nix...They must have had a falling out, about play calling...and this was his way of saying, Im done with you at OC. either way, it's gonna hurt Miami in recruiting...

4. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

He wasn't recruiting Randle by any chance was he?

5. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

Shannon is dividing the U, whoa. I guess it doesnt matter what he does in your eyes its bad. Shannon has at least brought discipline back to that team. He doesnt want Bad attitudes like Marve. Nix is awful, I went to every home game with my friend he is a big fan. The play calling was terrible. I guess if more kids were getting killed and they were winning you would be fine with him?