Miami (OH) DC arrested..

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by geauxscott, Nov 12, 2002.

1. geauxscott

geauxscott Founding Member

Miami (OH) defensive coordinater was taken off the field in
    cuffs by police and was accused of punching a marshall fan.
    The fan was then taken off field on strecher and taken to hospital. Just saw it on SportCenter, they said they will be showing video later in the show about the incident. Talk
    about "Classless"

2. DeafValleyBatnR

DeafValleyBatnR Founding Member

Belly Flop

I could not tell on ESPN if he hit him or not because the view from the camera was so far away but you can see the guy that got hit do the FLOP. The visitor coaches room in the press box had a lot of damage to it they showed it this morning on ESPN. Charges will be filed is what they reported. The Ref's handed a well played game to Marshall in the end. The Ref's called two pass int. calls that were very questionable at best on Miami and then on the last play the WR was holding the Miami DB and they did not call it.

Why do the Ref's always screw up a good game.

3. bayoutider

bayoutider Founding Member

Yep, Miami of Ohio had that game won till Marshall snatched it away. I think the Marshall fan was taunting him and in frustration, it looked like the coach pushed him away and he fell down. The home field cops added insult to injury by cuffing him. It was a sad sight.

4. Hub

Hub Founding Member

Actually the refs snatched it away at the end. the interefernce call on 4th down was abolute bs.

Is there a movement by refs in the NFL and college to see how many games they can totally f#$^ up, this year. there have been too many games this year where the refs have made calls directly impacting the outcome.

Let the kids play.

5. eric d

eric d Founding Member

Well, according to the coach one of the fans was going after one of his players as the team was leaving the field, and he was just protecting his player. If that is true, then I don't have much of a problem with it. As a former athlete, that is something you look for in a coach when looking at programs.

6. chuck

chuck Founding Member

EricD

I was about to post the exact same thing. If the Miami coach truly thought a Marshall fan was going after one of his players, then what he did was warranted. .

7. TitanTiger (AU)

TitanTiger (AU) Founding Member

Re: EricD

I don't know exactly what happened. I've heard that the coach shoved the Marshall fan and I heard that one of the Marshall fans that witnessed it said he threw a sucker punch at the guy and decked him.

The fact that the press box where the Miami coordinators were got torn up doesn't make me lean toward their interpretation of things. Looks like that whole coaching staff has anger management issues.