Michael Clayton just moved further up the depth chart.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Tigerskin, Aug 2, 2004.

1. Tigerskin

Tigerskin Founding Member

Joe Jurevicious just herniated a disc in his back and needs surgery. Hate to see injuries but Clayton would have probably beaten him out anyway.

2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

JJ is a hell of a receiver. Its more likely that he and Clayton would have both been starters rather than Clayton beating him out.

3. Tigerskin

Clayton was listed number 2 on the depth chart at the same position.

4. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

clayton was not going to beat JJ out. JJ was listed ahead of him but Clayton was to see significant time due to McCardell out. Now Clayton may jump ahead from 3rd to 1st on his side.

Keenan McCardell
    JJ
    Clayton

this would be good with overrated Galloway on the other side. I think Charles Lee was listed behind him... but to make matters worse, Lee was hurt pretty badly today at practice so MC really jumps up if its as severe as they think.

they will be forced to overpay KM if Lee is out and MC would basically start.

5. LSUHotdog

LSUHotdog Founding Member

Do you guys think I should draft Mike in my fantasy football draft in light of these occurences as my fifth receiver?

Also, I want to say that I feel really bad for JJ, he has had a rough past couple of years, especially with his last baby. I hope things get better for him.

6. Tigerskin

To be honest, I don't know that much about Joe J. Saw him make a few plays here in there but didn't follow him that closely. I just had my purple and gold shades on for MC.

7. CimarronCajun

CimarronCajun Freshman

Clayton has the heart of a champion. I don't know if he will be a force this year, but he will be in the future. The Bucs got a steal with him.

8. tirk

I hear ya, being a bucs fan I was pulling hard for JJ to be back healthy. he has had some hard luck and is one of the few good guys in the NFL. He and Clayton woulda been good on the field together.

I'd take clayton as my 5th WR but i have blinders on as well. even if he doesnt explode on the scene it makes it more enjoyable when he does something. lol

9. TejasTiger

TejasTiger Founding Member

Unless you're in a dynasty-type of league, I wouldn't.

In most regular leagues (redraft or single-year leagues), rookie WRs are almost useless. Sure, the "right" WR in the correct system flourishes from time to time, but it's still pretty rare.

For every Marvin Harrison, Randy Moss and Anqwan Boldin, there are dozens of rooks who don't do crap for you fantasy-wise. Besides, it's not like Tampa is some sort of stud Fantasy WR haven anyways.

10. tirk

cmon tejas this isnt a time to be logical. get MC anyhow. heh