Michael Clayton's condition

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by lsufan9, Sep 15, 2003.

1. lsufan9

lsufan9 Freshman

Has anybody heard any information about the status of Michael Clayton for Saturday's game? I know he hurt his ankle the other night but I never heard an update. Also, how about Clayton for Heisman if he keeps this kind of pace up?

2. captainpodnuh

captainpodnuh Baseball at da Box

Saban said that Clayton's injury wasn't serious and they expect him to play on Sat.

As for the Heisman race, DandyDon had a link where you could write in Clayton for Heisman. Expect LSU to make the push for Clayton next year.

3. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

Blame LSU for not promoting him subtly or otherwise to shows and writers during the off-season...

A simple highlight tape that was spliced together along with a one page letter or a glossy brochure was all that was needed to get this guy to the point of pre-season 1st team All-American, as well as some mentioning on the pre-season reviews as one of the nation's top wideouts, which we know he is, but no one else seems to...

4. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

A wide reciever that does not return punts, and play some D will never win Heisman..

Just wont happen, plus since he is in the South he would have to be noticed in the pre-season before he would be considered.

Look at Josh Reed - Probably one of the most prolific WR's in SEC history (Look at the records if you wish to dispute it)
    And I dont believe he got a single vote.

RB's in the North basically have to lose it, where anyone in the South have to put up numbers that make it impossible to not vote.

Again I mention Josh Reed, it will be hard for ANY SEC rec. to put up those numbers in a year. And he did not even get a sniff.

Geaux Tigers

5. NOSA

NOSA Founding Member

No Heisman chance IMO but he has been getting a lot more national attention lately of which he is very deserving.

6. DeathValley

DeathValley Founding Member

There was a qoute by Saban from I think last weeks press conference where he said if Clayton stays around for his senior season LSU would have a full out heisman campaign for him. Let's hope Clayton stays for his seinor season.

7. Tigerdog007

Tigerdog007 Founding Member

I would agree that normaly a WR would have no chance in the Heisman, but this year with the race so wide open I would not be suprised if Roy Williams won the damn thing. BTW I think Clayton is just as good if not better than Row Williams!!!!

8. LSUtigah

LSUtigah Founding Member

Uh, Charles Woodson mostly played defense and sparingly @ punt returns and wr. Clayton plays wr, plays some defense, so why not?

9. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Clayton is the best we've got, but he hasn't had a Heisman-type year yet. He won't be considered this year. If he goes over 1,500 yards receiving this year, he will be a candidate in 2004.

10. LSUDieHard

LSUDieHard Founding Member

This may draw some snickers, but if Mauck continues to play the way he has and LSU manages to run the table...... David Greene is getting some pretty good Heisman attention and Mauck's stats are every bit as good. Still the Michigan RB is the man to beat. He is everything the voters love.