Michael Ford Deserves his chance.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by kirbysmith4life, Sep 5, 2010.

1. kirbysmith4life

kirbysmith4life Founding Member

After watching Richard Murphy look nothing like himself (though he had limited chances), and Ridley put the ball on the ground twice. All I have to say is, Michael Ford deserves some carries.

I'm always happy with a win, but when your starting, "veteran" tailbacks put the ball on the ground three times, once in scoring position, and once with the game on the line, I find that inexcusable.

I really liked seeing the young talent get some playing time, but as of 12:00 midnight, there needs to be a gameplan starting with the next practice specified at getting Michael Ford into the game.

I liked some of the changes on offense, but the fact that the coaches are still trying to make JJ a option QB is idiotic.

Other than the two big plays, I was impressed with the Defense.

I truly feel that Les Miles and Gary Crowton are going to spread-option run the school I love into the ground. We have the most dangerous WR group in the Nation, yet we are running the spread option.

Line up, prostyle, play action, drop back, and let these talented Tigers kick some but.

Question: When did LSU become an option team? I hate the spread draw. It has totally ruined football.

Patrick Peterson is all-world, but I never find it smart to blitz your best corner on key/ sure passing downs. Why would you want your best cover guy not covering someone?....Georgia last year.....I'm just saying.

Rueben Randle will be an LSU legend before its all said and done.

To all the over the top JJ haters. Calm down. Yeah he scrambled back twice, which is never productive, and he threw a wounded duck for a pick that should have went out of bounds.

But he also stood tall in the pocket and delivered strikes while being creamed on two of his TD passes.

Here are the things that Jefferson didn't do.

Football is a team game, and here are the things that he didn't do..
    e didn't fumble three carries.

He didn't run into the kicker.

He didn't get beat for a 97 yard TD.

He didn't get called for holding on the play that would have put us up 37-10 in the fourth.

He didn't not overturn a clear violation on the onside kick.

And most importantly, he doesn't call the plays.,,(cough,Crowton,cough.).

I love Ridley, and had a man-crush on Murphy during his sophomore season.

But after watching the game...

You play to win, and I'm always happy with a win..

But Michael Ford deserves his chance.

Okay, Im done.

1 person likes this.
  2. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

He's supposedly too dumb to see the field.

Allegedly.

3. kirbysmith4life

How smart do you have to be to hold on to the ball?

Im sure there are a few notes about that in the Cox Building :)

4. LSU-SIU

LSU-SIU Founding Member

I thought Ridley played good other then the lost fumble at the end. Murphy has no business being on the field.

Well, Jefferson is Jefferson and there is nothing you are going to do about that. Demote Crowton, give Billy G. the rest of the year as a try out. Crowton doesn't like it, tell him to stick it.

Billy G. doesn't look good by the end of the year, start looking for a new OC.

I still say 3-5 losses this year but the offense is not going to be any better, time to cut the cord with Crowton, should have been long ago. Hire a OC that you think can be OC and HC in 2012. Short-term it could get uglier but sometimes that is what you have to do.

1 person likes this.
  5. 65Grad

65Grad Maturity is Overrated

To paraphrase "Crash" Davis: "Don't think meat just RUN, oh, and hold on to the ball!":grin:

6. houtiger

houtiger Founding Member

He wasn't too dumb in the spring game, he was the star of the game.

1 person likes this.
  7. tigerflier

tigerflier Founding Member

Where are all the Murphy clones, spouting he's gained twenty pounds of muscle, speed out of the backfield lines, and all the incessanct hype. The kid is a good kid, stayed with the program and gives his all. An SEC running back he ain't. Take the 18 off and at least give it to someone with both talent and desire. To quote Cal Naughton Jr. "This is Embaaarasing"

8. kirbysmith4life

My thoughts exactly. But CLM seems to not notice. If you fail to produce, you shouldn't play. As I said in the original post, I love Murphy, I think he is a really good kid, but the knee injuries can't be overlooked.

Michael Ford looked like a grown man in the spring game. If knew the plays then, I'm sure he knows a lot more now..

9. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

It isn't really about the plays but picking up blitzes that was the issue last week in practice when the UNC packages were introduced.

We will see him in action and we would have seen him if the game wasn't close at the end. Ignore people calling him dumb for no good reason.

1 person likes this.
  10. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

Murphy is in the wrong type of offense. He is not a zone read back. He is an I tailback who sould be breaking off of a fullback's block. If LSU is going to run the zone read as much as they did last night, they need to use Ware and Shepard, smaller backs who can see the lane and cut back if needed.