Michael Ford Deserves his chance.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by kirbysmith4life, Sep 5, 2010.

1. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

Obviously minus the fumbles but Ridley looked very good last night. Appeared faster to me than last year. If he keeps it up, he'll get the lion's share of carries. Ford will get to play this year, how much remains to be seen. If he's having trouble learning to pick up blitzes etc. that will certainly limit his playing time.

2. kirbysmith4life

kirbysmith4life Founding Member

Yeah, I have no gribes with Ridley, I thought he ran well, but those fumbles were crucial. If we were 0-1, I wouldn't be alright with it :).

But, IMHO, i think Ridley should be kept at full back. His power and speed, would make us our offense even more dangerous. Let him dot the I in certain occasions, but he would be the ultimate weapon at fullback. He always falls forward, and does a good job of carrying tacklers. All that said, he has to hold the ball.

I like our top 3 backs. I just hate the spread draw. Because when you go up against a stout defense that is willing to bring pressure consistently (a.k.a Nick Saban), that spread draw bull crap is easy to shut down.

I just pray for the day that we get back to I-formation, prostyle football. Our backs would look a whole lot better.

3. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

I have been a shotgun spread option fan for a while, but not so much anymore. It used to be a novelty, something to give you an edge over your opponent who doesn't see it every week. Not anymore. I would like to see LSU get back to lining up in the "I", running with a FB, pulling linemen, playaction passes, etc. Nothing I like better than a good ol' F&G block. (Downblocks, guard pulls to kick out, FB leads in the hole). Good stuff.

4. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

THANK YOU - GOOD POST!

Id like to see Ford get some PT, last night being up by 3 tds in the 4th, after both vet. t-backs had fumbles, I would have to liked to see ford get some carries. I also want to see Shepard throw the ball.

Does GC even have a play designed for RS under center and actually passing or a trick play throw off a reverse or that just more talent we are going to waste?!

5. QBLuke

QBLuke Hickey Da God

I agree that we needed to see him out there at least for a few carries. I found it funny that we were rotating freshman in and out on defense yet couldn't find one or two carries for Ford.

Hopefully with Ridley putting the ball on the carpet they get Ford up and running this week in practice.