Michael Sam SEC defensive player of the year comes out

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by Winston1, Feb 9, 2014.

1. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

He could do Soap-on-a-Rope commercials. His presence in the shower might send his teammates scurrying to find this once popular product. Nobody will want to drop the soap and risk bending over.

3. kluke

kluke Founding Member

In all seriousness I think this is very likely. The timing is right. And he better take the money while it's there. If he waits and then doesn't play well his first year the opportunity could pass. Then the next gay player will grab it.

4. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

I bet he will.

uscvball likes this.
  5. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

It was well known around Missouri. He'd been "out" for quite awhile before the media talked.

I think the hate is simmering. People coming out of the closet, no matter how many, doesn't change the fundamentantal beliefs other people have. One of the least accepting groups of homosexuality is black men. There are a few of them in the NFL.

6. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Or make him shower with the cheerleaders

7. VampMuse

VampMuse Veteran Member

if that's the punishment could just pretend to be gay no?

8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Sams only bench pressed 17 reps, the second lowest total among defensive linemen at the combine

9. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

It was not a good combine for him in most categories. His backward speed is a problem. I think his composure and game film will keep him in the conversation.

10. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

I think the position he plays may be a good fit (no pun intended) for being gay. An offensive lineman doesn't want the gay player getting his hands on the QB. If Sam gets a sack and starts doing one of the sack dances, you know the entire offense would have a sense of their mojo taken from them. It would almost be like a turnover.

Offensive lineman may start paying more attention to Sam than his ability dictates, thus freeing up other pass rushers. Not sure if it'll play out that way but just thought I'd take another angle of the story. Just think if he started doing the hip thrust doggie style dance. League can't tell him to stop because that wouldn't be accepting of gays and their lifestyles.