Michelle Obama Throwin It Down

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LSUTiga, Jan 21, 2014.

1. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

Most colleges have some kind of minors, in European Studies, German, Arabic studies, etc....
    im sure you know that.
    i almost minored in history until I asked myself what would tht do for me.

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

You demonstrate that you know nothing whatsoever about me. I am not the ideologue that you are. I belong to no party and have voted for republicans as much as democrats. Gender and race have never been criteria for my voting, but they do seem to be important to you. And if you've paid any attention at all to my many political posts, you would realize that pragmatism is the prime virtue of a candidate for me. I care little for extremists on either side and usually seek the candidate that leans to the middle, no matter which side of center he stands.

Best stick to what you believe rather than trying to imagine what I believe. I speak for myself quite clearly.

ParadiseiNC and LSUMASTERMIND like this.
  3. gyver

gyver Rely on yourself not on others.

What made Barry more qualified than McCain or Romney then?

What qualifications will put Hillary above the others?

4. red55

I don't think he was more qualified. He is certainly adequately qualified. I think he was more promising. America had lost trust in the GOP and the Palin choice sank McCain in 2008. Nobody could touch McCain for experience, but that is only one qualification. Obama is a far better communicator than either and after Dubya, America needed a better communicator. In 2008, his biggest qualification was that he was Not-A-Republican. In 2012, Obama was more believable and relatable than Romney, who came off like a car salesman. He was way ahead on IQ over both.

With Senate experience for domestic qualifications and secretary of state for foreign policy, she will have few rivals to match her experience, not to mention her 8 years in the White House as a close advisor to Sir William of Smooth. Her best asset is that she is a Bill Clinton democrat, which means she will be a populist and a moderate, not a Teddy Kennedy far left liberal or even a progressive democrat like Obama. The country is tired of partisan politics and will respond to a more moderate candidate. Her second best asset is that Bill Clinton will be a close White House advisor and he remains popular. She supported Obama after the primaries and served in his administration, so now he owes her and will deliver a lot of votes her way. Her Republican opponent, whoever he is, will have to go so Tea-party far right to win the primaries that he will be unable to reposition himself as a moderate republican in the race. Of course, she was primed to take office in 2008 and got derailed by someone unexpected, who was just running for name recognition. Anything can happen, but she is inside and on the front row right now.

5. Tiger Exile

Tiger Exile Long time lurker

I know you are smart Red as I read your posts, mostly the football ones, but to proclaim Obama as "way ahead on IQ" vs Romney is a little off base. We are told how smart he is, but there are no records to prove it. I have a neighbor that uses the Harvard Law Review as the standard argument but where is anything he ever wrote for it? The guy cannot speak off teleprompter but W could, albeit not perfectly. My biggest problem with the current President is the lack of any kind of a past other than books about typical white people, doing blow and two years of voting present. We have American Idol in the White House which speaks to the decay of our country. The real unemployment is deplorable and a recovery that supposedly started in the summer of 2009 can no longer be blamed on someone else. Also, Hillary is far more left than you give her credit for.

6. gyver

And sleeping with a president does not make you qualified to be president. Nothing she has sponsored as a senator is noteworthy either.
    She had that commercial about the 3am call. She got it at 10pm and hung up instead.

7. red55

Well, you have to read the Harvard Law Review. Or one of Obama's books. Intelligence is subjective obviously, but Obama's magna cum laude academic record and his 12 years as a law professor speak about a very smart fellow. McCain's military success and Romney's business success certainly indicate that they were no slouches in brainpower, but I think Obama is clearly more of a thinker.

Urban legend. Of course he can. And presidents have been using teleprompters for 50 years. It's just a Limbaughian attempt to explain away Obama's eloquent and charismatic manner of speaking

Come on . . . Harvard Law review, 12 years as a constitutional law professor at the University of Chicago, 11 years in the state legislature and the US Senate. At this point he also has five years experience as President of the United States of America. You aren't being honest with yourself. His past blows away his predecessor's.

Amigo, nobody "blames" a recovery on anybody. The recession that Bush started in the fall of 2008 ended in the summer of 2009. The crash was real and it happened before Obama was elected. The recovery took time but was real and it happened on Obama's watch. The GDP is booming, the market rocked all last year, and unemployment is 6.7 percent. You don't live in Greece, do you? :D

OK, make your case.

I think you'll find most democrats to the left of her, certainly Obama democrats are. She's more of a moderate like Bill. She's most liberal on social issues like abortion, gay marriage, and health care. but clearly moderate on foreign policy, gun control, budget & economy, free trade, crime, etc.

8. tigerchick46

tigerchick46 Quick Learner

It sure does blow em away with mentors such as Frank Davis, Rev Jeremiah Wright, Bill Ayers, Edward Said and Roberto Unger. Being a Harvard Law professor and a state senator doesn't qualify you to lead a nation, or run a dry cleaning business, 9 times out of 10 it makes you a book smart liberal douchebag..... give me a guy who's a successful CEO and business owner who's started something from nothing and had huge success. Thats takes a leader. Hell give me a damn country boy God fearing Farmer. Obamas done nothing but take from the haves and give to the have nots plain and simple.

WB Chossigo ;)

gyver likes this.
  9. gyver

90,000,000 plus unemployed and %20 of the nation on welfare and the most people ever working part time in the nations history. Yeah. Obama rocks. Just like his %40 approval rating.
    How does red know so much about Barry when Barry has had his records sealed anyway?

10. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

You are goofy dude.

gyver likes this.