Michelle Obama Throwin It Down

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LSUTiga, Jan 21, 2014.

1. gyver

gyver Rely on yourself not on others.

The biggest difference between Barry and Bush. The media. What they crucified W for they choose to ignore O for. Example: bush budget $500 billion over deficit and he's a spend republican. I runs trillion dollar deficits. Bush's fault.

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

If you can't recognize these as qualifications, then perhaps you should go back to watching Sesame Street. He was elected twice, you know. Hey, did I mention the Nobel Prize?

Bush and Romney? Both were born with silver spoons in their mouths. Millionaires from the get-go with the influence of very rich and politically powerful fathers to buy them businesses and even political offices. Plus, government is not a business and can't be run like one. Just look at Mike Foster, who tried to run Louisiana like a business and discovered that it didn't work.

How has he done this? And he's done nothing else?

So you're a Jimmy Carter fan, eh? What's with that? :D

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  3. red55

Well, that is a lame and forgettable response.

4. red55

Twas Bush who crashed the economy and started two very expensive unfunded and unfinished wars that Obama had to deal with. Facts are facts and the media reports what it sees. It's not like Obama hash't gotten any criticism, but trying to hang Bush's failures on him is nonsense. Obama ended the wars and the recession while stepping up the assault on al Qaeda.

5. gyver

You believe and repeat exactly what your told. You sound just like carney and msnbc. That market crash started before bush. He even tried warning congress it was going to happen. And Barry's policy has strengthened al quaida and the ME is more unstable than ever.
    7 trillion and counting.

6. red55

You'd be surprised, Hoss. I pay better attention than you.

A lie. The market crashed in 2008 after seven years of Bush.

Bin Ladin is crab shit on the bottom of the Arabian Sea. Once again, you have no facts right.

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  7. gyver

That bubble started during Clinton.
    And Bin Laden may be crab shit but Al Quaida is gaining ground in Iraq, Syria, and Afghanistan again. Barry is even arming those in Syria. Calling them rebels to justify it.

8. Tiger Exile

Tiger Exile Long time lurker

The market crashed AFTER the Democrats took control of the House and Senate in January of 2007. Bush tried to reform Fanny and Freddie but was blocked by Barney Frank and others. Obama and his pals got great deals from Fanny and Freddy - research the donations and bonuses. In 2001 I lost a friend in the Twin Towers and an LSU Fraternity brother in the Pentagon. Bush did not start the war in Afganistan and Barry certainly hasn't ended it since more lives have been lost under his watch there and we are even talking about ramping up some more troops. Iraq ended on the time table Bush set with Kharzi so I wouldn't exactly give full credit to Obama for following through on the plan. Bin Ladin is dead because of the condemned policies enacted under Bush. I do give credit to the President for making the call any of us would have, but to blame everything on Bush and give Obama credit for everything is disingenuous at best.

ParadiseiNC and gyver like this.
  9. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Markets don't just crash a few years after a group of officials are elected. This has been a process 30 something years in the making. If you people think that replacing Obama is going to fix things you are incredibly naive. It's the entire system of government that is flawed. It's setup to keep the rich rich, to protect the interests of major corporations, and to fuck over everyone else. To keep the poor dependent on government, to keep the rich's pockets lined with cash. Republican, Democrat they are all the same, and the election of 1 man means nothing in the grand scheme of things. To blame this all on Obama in my opinion is doing nothing but parroting the corrupt assholes who want you to do just that.

10. red55

It still happened before Obama was president.

Well, yes he did. And I have no issue with that, other than letting it snowball into nation-building instead of a simple Al Qaeda hunt.

Bush's mantra on Iraq was "stay the course" and he couldn't have had a timetable with Karzai to end the Iraq war since Karzai was the President of Afghanistan.

And vice versa, of course. I do not blame everything on Bush or give credit to Obama for everything. I was pointing out that Obama cannot be held responsible for things that happened before he was President.

ParadiseiNC likes this.