Michelle Obama Throwin It Down

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LSUTiga, Jan 21, 2014.

1. gyver

gyver Rely on yourself not on others.

He has set race relations back about 40 years.
    Al Capone must have been accused of phony scandles also. He never killed anyone. He just evaded taxes.
    Glad you have cheaper insurance now. Did you actually sign up for Obamacare? My friend Steve and his wife are going to be paying $14,400 a year for a policy with a $6000 deductible, they are in their early 60's. Beats his neighbors though. They are looking at $1450 a month and $7500 deductible. I personally will not sign up nor pay a "fine" as they call it.

2. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

red55curmudgeon

Hype for sure. The world was sick of Dubya and badly wanted Obama to be different, and he has been. He has gotten us out of a couple of wars and avoided getting into a couple of more in Libya and Syria. And he managed to step up the campaign against Al Qaeda at the same time and they were the real enemy all along.

Boy you really have drunk the foreign policy Kool-Aid. He did nothing in Iraq except follow through with W's withdrawal plan. I give him credit for that but he added nothing that had not already been put in place. More on Libya & Syria below. So AQ is weaker now?...Why are they in power in Anbar province Iraq, why are they one of the main elements of the anti Assad forces in Syria? AQ is a Medusa...cut one head off and 8 more appear. His drone campaign against AQ has created more enemies and turned many Muslims who supported us against us.

The financial crash was a bi partisan effort. After Clinton & Gringrich left they were replaced by drunken sailors who fought over who could spend it faster for their own purposes.

My point was that it happened before Obama's watch for those that try to blame the recession on him.

True but his policies to end the recession were weak and it has taken 5+ years to get to a point we should have been in 2 or less. That is on him. Also the whole tenor of much of the talk about the recession has been it is all on Bush and that is not accurate.

We aren't arming anyone in Syria...Barry has fucked that up totally and he has some responsibility for the 130,000+ people killed there.
    Are you kidding me? Syria has been played beautifully. Do you really want to be involved another endless Middle Eastern war with both sides hating us and no foreseeable end game? I mean, Al Qaeda and Hezbollah are actually fighting each other! That's fucking fantastic. Plus Obama swung the big stick and induced Syria to give up its chemical weapons. Now Israel is no longer threatened by them and is no longer having to issue gas masks to its citizens. Whoever wins in Syria is going to be anti-American. Let them stew in their mess. It ain't our fight. Israel can handle Syria. They are the only ones we need to arm over there. No one is responsible for the 130,000 killed but the Syrians themselves. Vietnam taught us never to get involved in a civil war overseas.

Too much Kool-Aid Red..You seem to have confused the tactical with the strategic. You point out that AQ and Hezbollah are fighting each other in Syria and think that is a good thing. Sorry but the fact is this is the opening salvo in the Sunni-Shia (Saudi-Iran) civil war. In addition to Syria the war is expanding to Iraq (see Anbar province) and Lebanon. Those fighting now are but proxies for the Saudis and Iranians and neither will back down, in fact they have to raise the stakes. The stability of the Persian Gulf and ME is at risk and Obama has dithered and lost influence over the Saudis. His opening to Iran has pissed them off and scared them. They are seeking allies and support in Europe & China.
    Leadership does not mean we had to put boots on the ground in Syria or anywhere else. Bush ignored that to our detriment...Pres Obama has taken that lesson way too far as he has abdicated leadership. There was a window early in the war where the moderate eliminate in the Syrian resistance could have been supported and given effective military aid to topple Assad. Pres Obama either didn't recognize that or did not failed to do the right thing. At a time when US leadership is needed the last 2 presidents have squandered the position we had in 1991 at the end of Iraq 1. President Obama has turned his face on our friends all over the world and is responsible for the continued decline of American influence. If you question my conclusion I suggest you read what the Brits, French, Saudis Germans etc are writing openly.

3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

No, but my premiums went down slightly last year. I'm in a large group and the insurance companies are competitive in their bids for the business.

4. Tiger in NC

Tiger in NC There's a sucker born everyday...

Winston, I am interested to know how you would quantify this response. Just how do you think this more expedited recovery could have been possible? What would you have done differently?

5. red55

And you just ape the conservative media. Feel better now?

The surge was added and the timetable was changed among other things. Most importantly, withdrawals were actually carried out. Bush did little but concede to Congress which had passed 5 or 6 resolutions to redeploy troops out of Iraq.

They are essentially leaderless. They have been unable to hit the US again. Not just OBL, but over 20 of the top Al Qaeda leadership is dead or in prison. They have no base. We hit them regularly wherever they try to establish one--Pakistan, Afghanistan, Yemen, Libya, Somalia--and that's just the overt operations.

It's not the old core Al Qaeda that had an agenda of attacking America. These are Al Qaeda "affiliates" with agendas that are local. Almost every islamist jihadi group has adopted the name "Al Qaeda" but they do not corporate with each other much.

Hey, war is a bitch. The targeted attacks are producing FAR less blowback that invading and occupying muslim countries.

Say's who? It was a huge recession, only the Great Depression was larger and it took 14 years to recover from that. It took two years to recover from the early 90's recession which was a blip compared to 2008. His policies could not have been weak and still work as well as they have.

It was all on Bush's watch. Sure, Congress must share responsibility for coddling big finance. I just objected to the folks trying to pin the recession on Obama.

Look chief, I understand international geopolitics pretty well, OK? I know the facts and I make my own analysis which I explain in detail. You aren't helping your case by these transparent attempts to discredit me.

Well, this is a huge leap. It is the Saudis that have lost influence over the President of the United States. Bandar Bush does not have Obama in his pocket. It is important to understand that Saudi Arabia's best interests are not the best interests of the US. The Saudis have funded the PLO, The Muslim Brotherhood, Hamas, and dozens of other islamist movements and still do. They are implacable enemies of Israel. They care only about preserving their monarchy which is the most Islamist country in the world and which produced bin Ladin and most of the 9-11 terrorists. We do not have to kiss their asses and do their bidding.

We are not the worlds policeman. These Middle East peoples have been fighting each other for thousands of years and are not about to stop now. It ain't our fight. We have only to protect our best interests in the region and that means free trade not some sort of Islamic Civil War in which all sides hate us. I can't think of any situation better than letting these groups fight each other.
    The rebels have never have had the manpower to topple Assad. When they tried to get it, they brought in islamists bent on their own agenda. You want to arm them? You remember what happened when we armed the Mujahadeen? They morphed into the Taliban and became an enemy. Syria is not our fight. They got nothing we need. Even the non-islamist rebels are not pro-American. Whoever wins in Syria will not be a friend. It is not a vital part of the world for US. Why do you imagine that it is? Israel has them totally stymied and has for many decades.
    Well, this is nonsense. We have regained many of the friends that Bush lost for us. The European press is all over the map and you know it if you read it. I'm debating you and you will have to make your own case. Obama forced the Euros to step up and take charge of supporting the Libyan revolution because it was vital to them, not to us. Even the French are taking a more active role now because
    Obama is pragmatic and less rash. Our allies totally embrace the nuclear disarmament of Iran which is starting to happen. Iran is undergoing internal change with a new generation starting to take control. This has great potential to end Iranian nuclear weapons acquisition. Are you really advocating another war?

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  6. lsufan52

lsufan52 Lsu baseball fan from old box to new

Darn agree with red i don't vote based on party affiliation, gender,or race,that's why jimmy carter was a joke,so was both bushes,and needless to say jindal is a moron.,and let's not forget about clinton.,Now bernie sanders would get my vote.

7. Tiger Exile

Tiger Exile Long time lurker

OH boy, you got me! I typed in the wrong name since Afghanistan was on my brain, but - "In 2008 the American and Iraqi governments signed the U.S.–Iraq Status of Forces Agreement which stipulates that all American forces should withdraw from Iraqi cities by 30 June 2009 and from Iraqi territory altogether by 31 December 2011. On 14 December 2008 then-President George W. Bush signed the security pact with Iraq. In his fourth and final trip to Iraq, the president appeared with Iraq's prime minister Nouri al-Maliki and said more work is to be done." So there was a time table. I also was pointing out that we responded to a direct attack from Afghanistan so I was implying that we responded instead of starting the war. There is no such thing as a "simple Al Qaeda hunt". Ask the families of the 22 Seal Team 6 members (total of 30 Americans) killed in Afghanistan three months after killing Bin Ladin in a total boondoggle.

I also don't blame Obama for everything, but he shouldn't get the free pass which he regularly does by the "mainstream" media.

8. tigerchick46

tigerchick46 Quick Learner

Which of the associates I listed did everyone give up on? oh just one of them.

I have an idea Adolf Hitler=nominated for Nobel Peace Prize, Osama Bin Obama=Won the Nobel Peace Prize……it's simple, don't complicate it.

I listed my CEO's, time for another layer on those reading glasses Chossigo

Walks like a duck? The exact phrase has popped in my head when I wonder how many Gov't program/handouts you receive by your blind loyalty to this clown, why would anyone on a bunch of handouts want him out of office, you'd be signing up for a pay cut, of course you are loyal!…..spare me your resume.

Well I'm glad the folks who couldn't afford Insurance now have it at the expense of the hard workers who've been able to afford great programs for years! Another example of taking from the halves to give to the have nots……but let's not dare call it a tax. Naked city? LOL your attempts to Hardo Internet condescend only clear the fog around your insecurities…..Naked City sounds like a place I'd flourish but you'd just be Ole Lady Tuppa Powder with a severe case of O.M.B. that would send the rest of us shrieking in terror…..my apologies you don't get those. ;)

Jimmuh is/was a pussy, just like every other Democrat in my time, nothing new there.

9. red55

Understood. One month before leaving office he signed a plan to end the war. Well, he talked the talk . . .

By simple, I don't mean "easy", I mean "not complicated". The Afghanistan War started out smart and effective as a special OPS war focused on Al Qaeda, but it morphed into nation-building, occupation, and a civil war against the Taliban . . . and everything bogged down.

I never understand this oft-repeated but unsupportable remark. Amigo, FOX News is mainstream media, it's the main news outlet in the country. Rush Limbaugh is mainstream media, his radio footprint is the biggest ever. The Wall Street Journal is mainstream media. And on and on. Obama gets raked over the coals regularly and is as scrutinized as any modern President. Too many conservatives just cannot tolerate the notion that he does do many things right.

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  10. red55

I have no idea what you are trying to say and I presume you are drunk. I'm not even eligible for social security benefits, I bet you are.

Uhhh, what? Try again when you sober up. You are making no sense. "The halves and the have nots . . . " :D