Michelle. you divisive Beyotch

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LSUTiga, Jul 11, 2014.

1. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

You could never be like them/him. Osama turned down some FREE and LEGAL weed.

I feel passionately about "One Nation under God." She's contributing to the divisiveness in our country. I could not give shyts if someone is Franco-American or Spanish-American, we're all Americans. We need to get back to that mindset.

Yeah I get all that but you ever see anyone make such an intellectual poster like red use words like "whackadoo?" ;)

Out of respect for YOU and your dislike of the "C" word, I edited the title.

2. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Thanks

3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

What do you mean "we", Kemo Sahbe? You goddamn Canadian-Americans piss me off . . .

4. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

One other point the "one nation under God" phrase wasn't inserted until after WW2. We are not a Christian nation....We are a nation that is predominantly Christian and has been run by Christians since the beginning. That is changing as we speak.

The primary basis for the founding of most of the colonies was to be free of state sponsored and mandated religion. It is enshrined in the Declaration of Independence and Bill of Rights. Much of the ethos and ethics that the constitution and society is based on does have a foundation in Christian thought however it has never been mistaken for adopting the religious into the secular. What is changing is that instead of a single Christian generally protestant voice the nation is speaking in many voices Catholic, Jewish, Muslim, Buddhist Hindu etc. We have to recognize that and understand that is part of growing up.

We should honor and be proud of the WASP background and the fact that the demands of Christian beliefs spurred us to be a better nation always. However as we become more diverse we need to recognize that in the secular part of our society. For example if a Muslim swears to testify in court, shouldn't he swear on his holy book rather than our so it has a real meaning to him/her? When a Jew or Hindu or Buddhist take the oath of office shouldn't they do the same? Likewise when a valedictorian wants to pray and give thanks to God in his valedictory he should be allowed to IMO.

This all goes back to the point we honor religion...all religions in a secular state but none are supported or suppressed by the state.

gyver and red55 like this.