Michigan and Notre Dame Exposed as Frauds

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by CalcoTiger, Dec 29, 2018.

1. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

First part is your “feel” again. And there are no statistics for an 8 team playoff. You could look at bowl results are fairly unpredictable.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2019
    COTiger likes this.
  2. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

Chance, smanch.

Youre overlooking the part where you guys could drop 80 on UCF and blow their azzes back to the stone age.

3. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

I don't believe you're suggesting you want to pattern CFB off of the NFL. To use this example is doing just that. And, it doesn't fit within what's happening in college football.
    The difference in roster numbers alone make it a bad analogy.

It doesn't support expansion. It certainly doesn't support the point of the original post; that Notre Dame didn't belong.

Using better teams, and what's happened with a smaller, refined sample, gives better results. And they're always reflected as you go down. Literally, watering down the playoffs.

Sometimes. Right now the #5 team one of their last five.

Furd bring up the point here...

That's pretty much my point all along. Clemson and Michigan would have been a blood bath this year. They would have made Shea a joke on the national stage instead of one SEC fans share.

4. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

In the case of UCF, that would have been worth it. Now they will linger and hasten the 8 team playoff you dread.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  5. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

IDK it seems UCF has been exposed as being not ready for prime time.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  6. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

Dunno. They beat the barn and won a natty. Think that's not circling around their heads? I've read their boards since and they think over a 8 point loss, they can still hang and are convinced with their broke QB, they win another natty. I think they are gonna need another dose.

LSUTiga, furduknfish and lsu-i-like like this.
  7. lsu-i-like

Being exclusive sounds good, but the cost is that majority of nation just don’t care. That old thinking is holding college football back. The NCAA tourney is a phenomenon, bowls/playoff is missing a huge opportunity. The cost to exclusivity can be minimized. Plus leaving out P5 conferences is not viable moving forward.

You’re also stuck in the short term. Allowing more access will make the sport more competitive long term (see scholarship restrictions). That’s all good for the sport. Maybe not good for the SEC monopoly, but I’m ok with a little more competition.

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  8. lsu-i-like

Man, UCF was way outclassed; very disappointed Miles, ahem Eaux, didn’t put them away. Hopefully that’s a 2018 issue, not an Eaux issue.

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Those delusional bastards are still yapping about how they would have won if their QB hadn't been injured. My only disappointment is that we didn't hang 70 on them and send them home with their tails between their legs.

10. lsu-i-like

If we have our defense, they can have Drew Brees; they ain’t beating us. Fools.

Winston1 likes this.