Michigan expresses interest in Miles

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUDieHard, Jan 8, 2011.

1. DownOnTheBayou

DownOnTheBayou Say My Name!

Well if Miles takes the interview, which looks like it will happen, then he's obviously interested.

Miles is Michigan's top choice so they will throw the money train at him. Since Rich Rod wasn't one of their own and failed so bad, they will make damn sure they get one of their own this time.

Alleva better start getting a list together of potential coaches. Af if Alleva has any brains at all, Peterson from Boise St better be at the top of that list.

2. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

They are tying to pony up a measly 2.4 million per year and then their is the case of the buyout.

I can't see them getting past the 3 million mark.

3. P&G_wheelz007

P&G_wheelz007 Football anyone?

So here's my 2 part question:

If Michigan offers Miles the job and the money is close or better than what he makes now...

(a) Will Miles take the UM job?

(b) Will LSU make a big push to keep Miles?

4. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

If UM wants to talk to Les, he'll listen. If Lloyd Carr still has any influence in the UM Athletic Dept it's hard to believe Les would be at the top of their list.

It just might be possible Les' agent is using all of this as an opportunity to sweeten Les' contract with us and make him the highest paid HC.

Whatever happens, I hope its quick.

5. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Where in the world do people get the idea that Michigan doesn't have the cash to pay for a top coach?

The school is plenty rich, the football program is well-funded, and they are trying to rise to the level of the SEC. It means paying SEC salaries. If Les decides to go, they will pay him whatever he asks for, likely $4 million plus. Because he knows that if he keeps winning he will get it here.

This isn't going to be about money. It's going to be about whether Les wants to build on his own success, make his own tradition and become the Bo Schembechler of LSU, and stay with the damn strong, family-like team that he has here for 2011. The recruiting future looks bright and the limelight of the SEC is undiminished. LSU has been good to Les.

Or does Les want to be a part of the Michigan tradition of his youth, even if it means rebuilding a team that got its last two coaches fired. And it is clear that he will get only three years to do it. The big question is whether Les wants a rebuilding job at this point in his career.

6. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

people didnt see the dodgers breaking the bank to get zach lee either. we seem to have people that suddenly causes organizations or break the piggy bank.

i have a bad feeling......

7. DownOnTheBayou

DownOnTheBayou Say My Name!

I agree.

UM has plenty of cash to get any coach they want.

And Miles won't stay or go based on money.

I think by him possibly meeting with Michigan this time, he's at least thinking about leaving.

8. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

and look where listening to lloyd carr got them. rr. i dont think lc will have as much influence this time.