Michigan - Michigan State

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by fanatic, Oct 17, 2015.

1. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Did you guys see how this one ended? I've never seen anything like this happen in a game ever. 10 seconds away from winning with the ball, even though it is 4th down. Man, talk about heart break. Making it worse is that it's a rivalry game at home. That punter better not show up to class on Monday. I can't stand whiney ass Jim Harbaugh anyway, so Go Sparty!

http://espn.go.com/college-football/recap?gameId=400763542

GiantDuckFan likes this.
  2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

It's eerily similar to this....

Granted Michigan had the lead in the game today. But man, I agree I don't think I've ever seen a game end like that. Florida blocked a punt to beat USL too that was close to this...

3. fanatic

10 seconds away from beating your second biggest rival and that happened..on their home turf.

4. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Shitty way to lose that's for sure.

P&G_wheelz007 likes this.
  5. fanatic

Just saw on Sportscenter that, at the time of the punt, Mich St only had a 0.02% chance to win the game. Or to put it another way, Michigan's win probablity was 99.98%.

6. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

All he needed to do was fall on the fumbled snap, and game is likely over, or one defensive possession away. Tough for a punter to react quickly and appropriately. Out of his element at that point.

7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I put the blame on Harbaugh. He could have called for the QB to just run around on a rollout and eaten up at least 7 or 8 seconds.

Geezer Squid likes this.
  8. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Maybe I need to watch again...I thought the punt was right call becasue if downed it then Michigan would have been in FG range or close to it with time on the clock.

9. fanatic

It was 4th and 2 from the Mich.St 47, but the Spartans were out of time outs. If they go for it and get stopped, you figure they have about 5-7 seconds left after the change of possession. Would that be enough time to run one play to try and get 23 yards or so to have a reasonable (47 yard) FG attempt? Probably not, so their only play would be a Hail Mary.

10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

There were 10 seconds left. If th QB had rolled out and avoided being tackled quickly he could have run off at least 6 seconds, leaving time only for a hail Mary. Or they could have handed the ball off to a RB who either makes the first down or leaves 5 or 6 seconds. Still not much time to gain the yardage to get in field goal range.

fanatic likes this.