Michigan reaches out to Miles

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TwistedTiger, Dec 9, 2014.

1. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Mich would like Harbaugh, but if this falls through, they can say, we made a great offer, makes them look good while failing? Their program needs that shot in the arm, both arms. They need something an it can't happen fast enough. They need so much, a salesman, recruiter, coach, etc. a guy to wear many hats. If they can't get the #1 guy on their list, how far down the list do they go before they find a coach?

TigerTap and Bengal B like this.
  2. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Maybe he makes that much less because he doesn't deserve more. I think he is grossly over paid. Tell me this, how many SEC Championships has he won?

Here is a hint, it's not near as many as you may think it is.

3. BayouBengal014

BayouBengal014 Founding Member

It will most likely happen. Although I remember when Jeremiah Masoli made the jump to Ole Miss from Oregon it didn't pan out to well for Ole Miss as Masoli couldn't transition his play from Pac 12 to Sec. Braxton is a systematic Quarterback who i feel has success in the BiG because the lack of talent he has gone up against. LSU desperately needs a QB who can manage a game and make checks at the line who can understand a pre snap read. Someone who is smart and does not turn the football over. Enough with all these spread Quaterbacks putting up gauty numbers. Give me a another Zachary Mettenberger any day. Imagine if we had Mett back this year with Odelle and Landry and Hill with this years defense.

rockwallfan and LSUDad like this.
  4. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

I see both sides, you look at high school coaches making over $100,000 in Tx, why? Cause they make them the HC and AD, two positions, so to them it justifies the pay.
    I lived across the street from a college asst. for years. He missed almost every school play, dance, production his kids had every year. A coach Head or Asst can be let go at almost anytime, even after winning( see staff at Co. St. and Neb). Then what do the coaches do? Move their families half way across the US. It's a tough job, they are now getting rewarding for it with the money.

5. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

Off on your math here, red. Way off. Gymnastics alone has six. There's been more than six since 2009 for that matter.

Three in football, men's and women's golf both with an NC, softball with the WCWS, gymnastics with two...

lsu-i-like likes this.
  6. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

2, and 3 attended. I think what he is compensated now is just about right but I'm definitely not for an increase, and I think if you pay Harbaugh 8 million all the coaches who have actually won something..their agents will start putting the squeeze on.

LSUDad likes this.
  7. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

I know one Head coach that had some offers to take other jobs, passed on them, an didn't let it leak out getting himself a raise. I know, hard to understand by some.

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  8. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

9. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

If you are talking about Braxton Miller that is crazy talk. Nonsense

10. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

The NCAA has never endorsed any championships in division I football. Bama has 2 NCAA men's golf championships, 1 women's golf, 1 women's softball, and 6 women's gymnastics.

I stand corrected. it's LSU 42, Bama 10. If you want to also count mythical national championships in football, then it is LSU 50, Alabama 25.

ParadiseiNC and leroy7500 like this.