Mickey Declares for NBA Draft

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by AndrewAce24, Mar 31, 2015.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I think he'll be drafted but not in the first round. Projections are from early second round to as low as the 46th player drafted.

2. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Someone is giving that kid bad advice....probably someone who has access to his pocket.

3. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Then they are pretty stupid, but to talk him right out of the money

Brian likes this.
  4. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

His dad

5. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Then papa Mickey is a bonafide idiot. He is talking his kid into one of the biggest mistakes of his life. All those $$ dancing through his head at night will quickly turn to teardrops.

You know, I'm not much for intervention and control but damnit this has to stop. I may be interested in the idea of a committee that takes control of this and forces them to stay in school. Oh wait, that is the job of the NBA. Hopefully the new CBA soon will emulate the baseball or football programs.

6. Brian

Brian Founding Member

It's a dumb decision, but it's still his right. He isn't a one and done. Everyone has the right to make terrible life choices, sadly.

7. Tiger in NC

Tiger in NC There's a sucker born everyday...

This was a head scratcher for me. Mickey's performance toward the end of the year was average, at best. I understand he was injured but that should be all the more reason to come back next season to prove his true worth. Martin has a much better skill set as it pertains to the pro game. Mickey's best attribute, shot blocking, will be exponentially more difficult at the next level where point guards often come in at 6'6", only two inches shorter than him at 6'8". I wish him the best of luck because I've enjoyed watching him play but I think he would have been better off coming back.

TheRealist, Brian and ParadiseiNC like this.
  8. Tiger Exile

Tiger Exile Long time lurker

At least he is still enrolled in classes. Maybe he will get a review back that wakes up he and his dad up and he pulls out. He has until the 14th correct?

Tiger in NC and Brian like this.
  9. Tiger in NC

Tiger in NC There's a sucker born everyday...

I didn't know that but from your lips to God's ears. The kid has a lot of potential but he needs to refine his game a little.

10. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

He will likely be drafted, but sticking with an NBA team is something else entirely.