Mickey Loomis needs to be fired

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by DownOnTheBayou, Dec 1, 2015.

1. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Been watching Louisiana Tech in the New Orleans Bowl. Their running back Dixon would be awesome in the Saints offense. Very Sproles-like in his quickness, shiftiness and pass catch ability.

2. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Shouldn't have traded Sproles or cut Thomas. Both could have been had dirt cheap and we're great fits for the offense even if Thomas has lost a step. Instead the Saints over pay for someone that doesn't match either one's production. Saints have been horrendous in free agency.

Dixon could definitely be a player in the Saints offense. The problem is he doesn't cost enough to attract the interest of Loomis.

fanatic likes this.
  3. ehusson80

ehusson80 Founding Member

Dixon on cue with a long TD catch and run.
    100+ yds and 2 TDS on the ground and through the air.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2015
  4. mctiger

The Saints have to get back to their roots as far as player development goes. The Super Bowl team was built around Brees of course, but the core of the team was in middle and late round draft choices, and undrafted or second tier free agents. They have to quit trading up in drafts trying to make a big first round splash and stick to what they've done best, which is finding diamond-in-the-rough talent on the second and third day.

fanatic and TwistedTiger like this.
  5. ehusson80

I get that with Brees our window is short. Saints believed they were a player or two away. Problem is, when you trade up and use multiple picks for one player, if you don't hit, it really hurts. Even if you hit, see Falcons with Julio, the loss of picks can leave you thin elsewhere, see the Falcons D and O-line. The Pats have mostly done the opposite, accumulate picks and increase your odds of getting serviceable players. Looks like that works pretty good if you evaluate and scheme fit.

6. DownOnTheBayou

DownOnTheBayou Say My Name!

No matter if Payton and/or Brees are back next year, if Loomis is still the GM the Saints are looking at another 7-9 type season.

7. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

We need to get that 2nd round pick for Payton, get an excellent DC as the next head coach, keep Pete Carmichael as the OC so that the offense remains the same for Brees and go from there.

Tired of the defense taking a backseat to Payton's offense and not giving a fuck about either the place kicker or special teams. The Saints need to be good to great to all 3 phases. Trying to out score everyone has simply gotten beyond old.

8. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

They'll demand higher than us a 2nd round pick for Payton. I would expect nothing less than a 1st and possibly even an additional 2nd the next draft.

9. ehusson80

I agree, if we go the non-Payton route. SB winning coaches are rare, though. I'm not for sending Payton packing w/out a heavy ransom.

10. mctiger

I'm not for sending Payton packing at all. The alternative plan seems to be relieving Loomis of his Saints duties (he'd go full-time to the Pelicans) and promoting Jeff Ireland to GM. I like this plan much better than starting with a new head coach. I saw enough competence in the last month of the season from Dennis Allen as DC to believe that he can ultimately fix the defense with more young talent. Another solid draft should keep the ball rolling.

ParadiseiNC likes this.