Mickey Loomis needs to be fired

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by DownOnTheBayou, Dec 1, 2015.

1. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

I agree with sending Loomis packing and keeping Payton, but I didn't see any improvement under Allen, the defense still sucked.

2. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

True, but it wasn't like the beginning, when they historically sucked. It was only normal suckage at the end. The run D improved; they still gave up a lot of yardage in the pass game, but they tightened up against the deep stuff, and you didn't have all the finger-pointing and looks of total cluelessness we saw earlier. Don't forget, once Lewis went down, it was Breaux and the 3 Stooges at corner.

3. ehusson80

ehusson80 Founding Member

They did a little better forcing turnovers too. 3 INTs in the last two games. Very small sample size, but enough that I believe DA at least deserves a chance to be D-Coordinator unless somebody much better is available at a bargain price.

4. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

I think he needs to be fired if, for no other reason, than only asking for a 2nd round pick for any team interested in Payton. That's WAY too low. Deuce is on the record as saying a 1st and a 3rd this year and a 2nd next year. That may be too much but it should definitely be more than (1) 2nd round pick.

5. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I agree we need to get more draft picks for Payton

6. DownOnTheBayou

DownOnTheBayou Say My Name!

I'll revisit what I stated last year. Loomis and Payton need to be gone. Much like LSU it's the same shit every year... no defense and special teams is a joke.

7. mctiger

There's only so much you can do when injuries leave the cupboard completely bare and then knock the cupboard off the wall. To review...of the guys we saw as our top 5 cornerback at the beginning of training camp, we have 0, and will get only one back before the season is over. We are also without the guy who should have been coming off the opposite side of Jordan in pass rush, and our number one draft pick, who was supposed to give us push up the middle. On top of that, last night we were without our other starting def. tackle, our best safety and our best linebacker in pass coverage. Not to mention, our left tackle and leading receiver on the other side of the ball. No excuses for the personnel decisions of recent years, but I've never seen an injury bug bite a team's head off the way we've had it this year.

fanatic likes this.
  8. ehusson80

ehusson80 Founding Member

Hopefully this is rock bottom for the Payton/Brees era. I know it can always get worse, but this sure feels like it. Nothing, absolutely nothing worse than losing to Atl like that at home on the 10th anniversary of the Domecoming.

9. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

If Benson was going on 80 instead of 90 all 3 of them would be gone.

fanatic likes this.
  10. mctiger

Just an FYI....Walter Camp football's updated mock draft, updated this week, has the Saints taking Bama CB Marlon Humphrey at number 6. Fournette goes to the Colts at number 7. I'd have trouble faulting this thinking....as much as I'd love to have L-Train, we need help at virtually every defensive position much more.