Middle Eastern Country to run U.S. Ports

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by TigerWins, Feb 20, 2006.

1. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

This falls under the heading of "what the f**k?"

Dubai Ports World, owned by the UAE government, bought out the current company which runs commercial port operations in New York, New Jersey, Baltimore, New Orleans, Miami and Philadelphia.

Our government has approved this transaction and will allow them to run our ports. I'm sure Arabs running our ports pose no security threat whatsoever!:dis:

Fox News

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Two of the 9/11 hijackers were from the UAE. Smuggling a WMD into the country on a shipping container is perhaps the biggest terrorism risk we face right now.

The Bush administration has lost its mind.

3. martin

martin Banned Forever

i live where the hudson river meets new york harbor, i can walk down a boardwalk to these ports, i wil have a close up view when the nukes go off.

4. LsuCraig

LsuCraig Founding Member

I agree with the masses on this. There's no American company that can run our ports? I mean is this a lowest bidder thing like the Space Shuttle? At some point, logic has to overrule the bid laws around here huh?

Just turn the airline industry over to Iranian Airways.......turn the border control over to the lowest bidding Taliban Corp. and be done with it. We're doomed anyways.

5. goldengirlfan

goldengirlfan simple man

Be sure to take lots of pictures. :hihi:

6. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

Does President Bush know that the "A" in UAE stands for Arab. To me this makes a big hole in our national security alot bigger.

As a side note anyone else find in funny that the 9/11 hijackers were from countries that are supposedly our allies and more westernized (Saudi Arabia, UAE) and not from out radical enimies in Iraq and Iran.

7. LsuCraig

LsuCraig Founding Member

I would guess it's because the bombers, hijackers etc, look more westernized too. That makes us more comfortable letting them on planes, in buildings.

I guy from Yemen who's foaming at the mouth with hatred for us, dressed in robes and all sweaty may tip suspicions.........:grin:

8. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

In fact our allies are the most un-western of all of the arabs. In Saddam's Iraq, women could vote, drive, and didn't have to wear veils. The government was secular, not Islamic and Christians and other religions were allowed to practice their faiths. None of this is true in Saudi Arabia.

It is ironic that the most westernized of all the Arab states is the one we ended up invading. None of them can be trusted.

9. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Not a great decision...

It has to be a politically motivated move. We are getting something out of this, or just trying to advance relations with them. Either way, I doubt it was worth it.

10. LsuCraig

LsuCraig Founding Member

Iraq was far from the most westerized state. Jordan, Dubai (UAE), Bahrain.......much more westernized and all Muslim countries.

That's funny.....women could vote for what? Udday and ****ahay....his 2 killer henchmen sons. You are a funny, funny guy.

You're right, Saddam was running Iraq like Disneyworld over there. These people had a paradise on earth huh?