Middle Eastern Country to run U.S. Ports

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by TigerWins, Feb 20, 2006.

1. LsuCraig

LsuCraig Founding Member

Yep. Won't use veto to stop pork barrel spending but will on letting an Arab nation run our ports. Makes perfect sense.

2. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Last time I checksd, he was the President. It's his call. Bush's record of being a staunch defender of America and Americans speaks for itself. If he's OK with it, then so am I.

3. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

So you have gone from not being comfortable with it to being OK with now that Bush has spoken out about it?

4. SabanFan

I also said that we didn't have all of the facts, but yes, as I said, if Bush is OK with it, that's good enough for me.

5. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

this is more confusing than the harriet miers recommendation. these are the 2 things which makes me want to puke. Sends a bad message? ok i guess im going to join the anti-bush campaign for this one. I dont think there's any defending this stance.

6. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

And the sheep go 'BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!'

Facts...that one gets the LOL! Since when do 'facts' ever get in the way of Bush & Co? Aren't they allergic to facts or something?

7. marcmc99

marcmc99 Founding Member

Bush needs to suck it up and prove his case to Congress on this one. If they have in fact done the research, then evidence should be available to support his position and satisfy many of the critics. He hasn't worried about offending the Arab world so far (which I agree with), why should he change mid-stream?

My personal opinion, no matter what evidence he has, it isn't enough. Turning this over to the Arabs is a mistake.

8. SabanFan

No. Not a sheep and, frankly I resent the assertion. Like I said, Bush's history demonstrates an unwavering commitment to national security. This is not blind faith. There is no doubt in my mind that the situation has been carefully looked at (from a national security standpoint) and the administration is comfortable with the situation. I am not naive enough not to believe that some kind of back room deal may have been struck, but, frankly, I don't give a damn who makes money off of this.

You and your ilk, on the other hand, will scream bloody murder strictly because Bush approves the deal. That is where the smell of sheep sh!t is coming from, my friend.

9. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

What are you talking about? The borders are still wide open, Osama is still on the loose, Iran is getting out of control, yet the Pres has us in a quagmire in Iraq. The War on Terror has become the Iraqi occupation on his watch.

Let's hope its been better looked at the pre-war intelligence.

Yes because Republicans are beyond that. Ha!!!

This is a bad decision, and everyone except the President and yesman Chertoff, and you seem to agree.

10. martin

martin Banned Forever

i dont agree (or disagree) with sabanfan, and i actually dont understand what is happening well enough to comment, but think his rationale works, especially from the perspective of regular schlubs like us who dont really know the ins and outs of what this means.

but then again, it may be a terrible idea. if i had to guess i would say this is bad news. then again i am twitchy and get nervous when i hear loud things. like when a firework show starts (which is all the time in my neighborhood) and i cant see it, only hear it. i hate that.