Mike Leach resigns at MSU?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by mctiger, Apr 4, 2020.

1. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

Lies

2. tzanghi

tzanghi Founding Member

I thought the same thing. And usually, I’m pretty deferential to sensitive people. But this was just a joke on wives hating husbands in general.

3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I'm not deferential to snowflakes. Even Mogan David makes a better tasting whine.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2020
    Winston1 likes this.
  4. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Read he tweeted a joke about a couple being couped up because of corona and his wife knitting a hangmans noose for her husband. Freaking PC creeping into everything. A football player left the program for that. I wouldn't want a player who is that much of a wussy on my team.

Liberals are screwing up everything

5. Rolan

Rolan Back to my roots

LOL this has nothing to do with being liberal... Don't hide your racism behind being PC...

For sure I think this whole thing is PC and a bit overblown. But I don't really knock a guy for leaving the program over this, I am sure some are ok with it as an innocent joke and others are not, to each his own. He was probably half way out anyway with a coaching change and use this to leave.

I know you will never understand someone else's world view so this is absolutely pointless to try and communicate to you, but anyway. Also I am white as well and should shut up about it. But I can imagine that lynching and noose imagery isn't a cool thing to most Black people.

Black people have a very dark history with the noose, its imagery its history to them. That their ancestors were simply hung because of the color of the skin and hatred. So on that thread, understanding that some black people might not be cool with noose jokes, and might not want to associate with people that make jokes about hanging people is understandable.

didit likes this.
  6. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

I knew a guy with last name of Lynch. Should he change his name if offends someone? Or does it only matter if he is white? This is the logical conclusion to the feelings police which is very much a liberal pillar.

watson1880 and Bengal B like this.
  7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

In the tweet the guy the noose was being knitted for is white. So now when a white person plans the demise of another white person it's racist? Get over it. A noose is not a swastika or a Klan robe.

watson1880 likes this.
  8. Rolan

Rolan Back to my roots

You should do a little research before you make up your mind, I understand you may be ignorant of that fact. The noose is a racist symbol, it was used by the Klan to terrorize a race of people. They would leave them in lockers or doorsteps, it was used as a symbol of warning and finally it was used to kill people. There are countless legal opinions on this matter not to mention personal opinion of countless Americans.

The noose is equal to the swastika or a klan robe. It is a racist symbol.

9. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Hangman nooses have been around for a long time. Not just in the old west but was first used at the Plymouth Colony in 1642 in America. England was doing hangings as early as 600AD and as far as I know not one black person was hanged there. However hangings began in Persia 2500 years ago. Me do research? that's funny it took me 1 minute to find out the Persians did it 2500 years ago. You are wrong it has nothing to do with racism. Typical liberal you see everything in the prism of someone's skin color. Since hangings in America started around 1642 or before, the old West everyone was hanged when convicted regardless of skin color and it originated in Persia 2500 years ago how can a hanmans noose be a symbol of racism?

Yo professor since you apparently didn't do research I did it for you, see the link below.

http://www.capitalpunishmentuk.org/origins.html

Last edited: Apr 21, 2020
  10. RamahRising

RamahRising Jedi Prophet

Korey Foreman coming to LSU

Three years in a row LSU gets

GUN

watson1880 likes this.