Mike Leach Suspended (Now Fired) By TTU

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by Deceks7, Dec 28, 2009.

1. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

Holtz, May etc just said on the halftime show for the A&M vs Georgia game, that if the allegations are true, Leach will be fired. Remember Kansas' Mangino (2007 Coach of the Year) resigned after Kansas investigated charges that he physically and verbally abused some of his players. And Ohio State's legendary Woody Hayes got fired for hitting a player.

2. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

if this allegation is true, i dont give a rats ass what the father did or didnt do back in the day. a concussion is serious, and you dont punish a kid for having one!

3. Deceks7

Deceks7 Founding Member

And if the allegations aren't true ESPN can still run their mouths and paint whatever picture they want. And they won't spend near as much time downing Craig's little boy if this turns on him.

Craig can say concussion and the PC crowd will respond on cue. Could be more about Adam's attitude than not being able to practice.

Well that and Leach's and Myers' little feud, with an $800,000 bonus on the line if Leach is still coach on Jan 1.

I like Chancellor Kent Hance a lot, but I really think the tail is wagging the dog here. I hope he is doing a little more digging because what I hear, while tough, wasn't about trying to put a kid in harms way.

My source is often wrong but never in doubt.

4. Krypto

Krypto Huh?

The kid may have a bad attitude, who knows. But if he has a concussion it is a done deal - no practicing of any kind. Hell they don't even want you watching tapes when you have concussion symptoms. What could be Leach's thinking here other than punishment for the concussion? Probably stuck him in the room in the dark when doc said that even lights can cause problems for people with concussions.

5. Herb

Herb Founding Member

Just playing the devil's advocate, but what if Leach was intentionally putting him in a dark, quiet, cool environment because Leach thought it would help him heal faster? When I first read the descriptions, I kept thinking about an isolation chamber.

6. Krypto

Krypto Huh?

true but not being allowed to sit or lean on anything (allegedly)? What about just sending him home to get rest?

7. TigerBacker70

TigerBacker70 I'm the Cock of the Walk!

I don't disagree. My comment and ire is directed strictly toward Craig James, not his kid.

8. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

Yeah, but it was an opposing player and the kid had it coming to him I tell you :hihi:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmoIjMr1BZs[/media]

In situations like this, the truth usually (not always) lies beyond what the media reports. Sounds bad though.

9. Deceks7

Deceks7 Founding Member

Adam was at practice tonight and the bright lights did not seem to be bothering him much. No Jim McMahon glasses for him. Smiling and strutting, looks like he was having a gay ol time.

The thing that caught me off guard was that many of the other players also seemed very carefree tonight.

10. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Perhaps Theodoric of York should be consulted.

Saturday Night Live - Theodoric of York - Video - NBC.com