Mike Leach Suspended (Now Fired) By TTU

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by Deceks7, Dec 28, 2009.

1. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

Wow, lots of drama here. Who's going to win ?

1 person likes this.
  2. Deceks7

Deceks7 Founding Member

No One

Stolen from another poster:

Why is the head Trainer and team Physician not also suspended pending an investigation?

Their entire role is to protect the players. If anything they are MORE culpable than Leach.

Leach Goes to Court to Coach | MyFoxHouston.com

One of those e-mails was written by University of Houston offensive coordinator Dana Holgorsen[​IMG].
    Holgorsen worked for Leach at Texas Tech for eight years, the last three as offensive coordinator.
    FOX 26 Sports has obtained a copy of the e-mail written by Holgorsen.
    "I am writing this letter on behalf of Mike Leach in regards to the Adam James situation," Holgorsen writes in his e-mail. "I was the inside receiver coach at Texas Tech when we made the decision (to) sign Adam James in January of 2007. Adam had no offers to play NCAA D1 football during and after his senior year. After a conversation between Coach Leach and Adam's father Craig, Coach Leach acquired a brief highlight tape of Adam and made the decision to take him as a scholarship student athlete.
    "I was opposed to doing so in (the) belief he was not a D1 football player," Holgorsen writes in his e-mail. "Coach Leach overrode my opinion and Adam became a Red Raider. During the rest of my time at Texas Tech I was Adam's position coach where I always remained critical of Adam's ability to play at this level due to being lazy in not only the classroom but also in the offseason and during practice.
    "Coach Leach was the one who kept saying he believed Adam would eventually contribute. Adam's teammates believed he was selfish and were constantly getting on him for lack of effort as they sensed entitlement on his part due to his father being a very good football player. Adam eventually ended up playing a little after I left due to his body type being able to do some TE (tight end[​IMG]) sets which consists of around 5-10 plays a game.
    "Adam should be thankful for the opportunity to play at Texas Tech and for Mike Leach, who gave him the opportunity," Holgorsen writes. "In my opinion playing 5-10 plays a game in an outstanding offense is more than he would get at any other school in NCAA D1 football."
    The e-mail was sent Dec. 25.
    Holgorsen was not available for comment Tuesday. However, he did issue a statement to FOX 26 through the University of Houston.
    "I wrote this in support of Coach Leach for the sole purpose of the Texas Tech administration," Holgorsen said in his statement. "Coach Leach is someone I have worked with, played for and known since 1989."

3. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

Gov. Edwards and Congressman Jefferson were lawyers too... did you doubt they would do something to jeopardize their political careers just because they were lawyers in their pasts?

But there are two sides to everything, and Leach's side of the story is different from Jame's side of the story. Looks pretty messy so far.

4. TigerBacker70

TigerBacker70 I'm the Cock of the Walk!

Leach will be reinstated to coach the bowl game. Tech and Leach will reach a settlement on his remaining contract or else they'll pay it all to avoid more bad press. He will hit the bricks and be better off for it. He will get another coaching job somewhere. He will continue to be an odd duck and to win games.

No D1 program besides SMU will want any part of James Jr. They'll only take him because he's a legacy. He will never be a good college football player.

5. Deceks7

Deceks7 Founding Member

6. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

That attorney in the video doesn't seem to speak very well in that video...he pauses a lot in mid sentence. But so what?

It seems that Leach is being railroaded by the university and the only way out is to exonerate Leach. Unfortunately, the university now has to act VERY deliberately in order to defend themselves in the imminent lawsuit that James will file against the U if Leach is cleared...or the lawsuit Leach will file for wrongful termination if he gets the boot.

Leach will come out vindicated, The U is caught in the crossfire, and the James family will come out as...well..."leeches".

7. Deceks7

Deceks7 Founding Member

Liggett is on pain meds due to a recent surgery

8. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

What Deceks said, plus, dude's a lawyer and is choosing his words very carefully.

TTU should learn from the Duke Lacrosse scandal. In their zeal to rush to judgement, the Duke President and that bastard Alleva came out as the real villians.

9. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Mike Leach has put up with way too much crap from that university anyway. I mean all he has done is 11 straight bowl games.

There is already a rap out by Adam James. :hihi:

YouTube - Cleaning Out My Closet-Team Leach

10. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

Pretty good song...:lol:.