Mike Leach Suspended (Now Fired) By TTU

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by Deceks7, Dec 28, 2009.

1. Hawker45

Hawker45 Founding Member

It would take less than two years with him as OC to wonder why your D can't stop the run.

2. LSUtiger327

LSUtiger327 Pow right in da kissa

thank you, i agree.

i don't like his offense or any of it's offspring (sumlin and so on) works for a smaller school like houston, baylor, TTU, kentucky, northwestern etc. but not viable for a team competing to win championships in my opinion.

of course LSU has the quick strike/no strike offense now wih crowton and our D is on the field too long as it is.

3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

maybe as head coach, but as OC? What does having him calling plays have to do with run defense? I can see how a pass happy offense could have your defense on the field alot if it isn't working, but why specifically run defense?

Texas Tech are a bunch of idiots for firing Leach. They will be bottom feeders with Baylor and Iowa State in the Big 12 again. Congrats Tech, idiots.

4. Hawker45

Hawker45 Founding Member

Because he runs a pass happy offense, ala Houston and a few others, the chance of that team's defense being a great run defense is severely restricted. It's simply a "law of the game". If the first team defense is always practicing against the first team offense... and the first team offense is always putting the ball in the air, the D just doesn't get enough time each week to prepare for the better run-orientated offenses of opposing teams.
    Usually, teams like TT just try to outscore you. It has little to do with defensive design. Getting some practice against a scout team usually is all the defense sees.
    Teams that try to have some balance in their offense do it partly to also have a defense that can handle the diversity of games. Look at the top defensive teams each year, then see what their run/pass ratio is when they're on offense.

The same holds true in reverse for teams that run the ball 80% of the time. They generally have trouble with high-powered passing attacks.

5. MFn G I M P

MFn G I M P Founding Member

good to see i'm not the only one who likes it

6. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

Now, who in the world would want to coach there after they run Leach off under these circumstances. The Adam James thing just smacks of pandering to public opinion before the whole story is examined.

Take special note of the list of prospective replacement coaches and see how many good head coaching candidates decline.

7. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

ESPN/ABC should get rid of Holtz and May and replace them with Leach and James... now that would be some quality entertainment :thumb:

:lol:

8. Krypto

Krypto Huh?

Texas Tech Red Raiders fire Mike Leach - ESPN

What are you trying to hold a concussed player accountable for?

9. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

Waaaaaaaaaaay too much drama. Not saying Leach was wrong but should have told James to simply stay home. Reminds me of an Our Gang episode when Buckwheat was placed in isolation. :grin: (Don't go there MM :grin:)

10. mwinters44

mwinters44 Freshman