Mike Price files $20 Million Lawsuit against Alabama

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Bengal B, Jul 15, 2003.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

2. DJ

DJ Founding Member

With no signed contract and pretty ridiculous conduct on Price's part, he'll be lucky to see anything out of that lawsuit. The damage to Bama's public image at a time when damage control is essential was serious, and they had to jettison Price to restore any semblance of credibility to their football program.

3. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

I am with DJ on this one, On what grounds ?? He had no contract (Except a verbal one I guess)

I support Bama's decision on this one. I am sure it is his last ditch effort to get some money before he becomes the head coach or No Name College in D2.

4. bayoutider

bayoutider Founding Member

Even with a verbal agreement there is a moral clause in Alabama's contracts. Price publicly saying he was too drunk to remember anything sure won't hold up in court.

5. SoLa in NoIll

SoLa in NoIll Founding Member

This is very unlikely to ever get to trail. Can you imagine the circus in the courtroom?

"Your Honor, the University of Alabama calls Destiny Stahl to the stand," followed by a succession of "exotic dancers" to testify as to the behavior of one former CMP.

Finally, Bama's lawyer calls former CMP, and the following occurs:

FCMP: You want answers?
    Bama Lawyer: I think I'm entitled.
    FCMP: You want answers?!
    Bama Lawyer: I want the truth!
    FCMP: You can't handle the truth!
    -----
    FCMP: Son, we live in a world that has strippers and those strippers need to be fondled by coaches with dollar bills. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Mal Moore? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Destiny and curse the Tide; you have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know: that my actions in Arety's Angels, while tragic, probably attracted recruits and that my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, attracts recruits.
    You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties you want me at that strip club, you need me at that strip club. We use words like table dance, private room and one drink minimum. We use then as the backbone of a life trying to ogle broads. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the wins I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide them. I would rather you just said "thank you," and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest that you pick up a dollar bill and stand in front of the Arety Angels stage. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to.
    -----
    Bama Lawyer: Did you say "Its rollin', baby; its rollin'?
    FCMP: I said what I had to say.
    Bama Lawyer: Did you say "Its rollin', baby; its rollin'?
    FCMP: You're God damn right I did!

6. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

This will be tried in Alabama. What are his chances? Zero!

7. SoLa in NoIll

SoLa in NoIll Founding Member

He'd better hope for a judge who's an Auburn grad and/or a jury composed primarily of Auburn fans.

8. Bestbank Tiger

Bestbank Tiger Founding Member

Actually I think he has a case.

The official reason he was fired was that he embarrassed the Bama football program. How exactly can you do that??! It's like firing USL's coach for losing!

9. SouthLink02

SouthLink02 Founding Member

What a joke. Get over it, Mike. You were fired for horrible actions.

10. BayouBengal

BayouBengal Founding Member

Even though there may have been a verbal contract there are some contracts that must be written to be enforced and considered valid, not sure where this falls. I figure this gets settled out of court.