Mike Shula should be fired immediately:

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by SabanFan, Oct 5, 2003.

1. True Big Blue

True Big Blue Freshman

Saban is right on the money, Croyle had no business being in that game. Shula made a boneheaded move and now the star QB of the Tide is out for the season. Good call, coach.

2. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

Hey, numbnuts...Did you read the post by the Bama fan? Nowhere has it been said he's out for the season...They have said he may miss the next game...

Do you EVER pay attention? That's two straight threads where you've basically made up some bullsh!t about what someone's said...

3. True Big Blue

True Big Blue Freshman

He's out for the year. You'll see soon enough jackass.

4. bayoutider

bayoutider Founding Member

Thank you TigerEducated for being able to read and comprehend. You have chosen your board name well.

Oh btw Sabanfan, that analogy using Saban and Mauck was posted on a Bama board by a LSU fan. I used it simply to show that any Coach's call can be questioned.

Why put him in

Shula makes statement

5. True Big Blue

True Big Blue Freshman

BayouTider, what good did it do to put Croyle into a situation like that? The worst thing that could have happened to him (and Bama) happened. And, as would have happened anyway, Bama lost the game. Why risk him further injury in a lost cause?

6. bayoutider

bayoutider Founding Member

I already stated all the reasons. Use your skills and re-read some posts. You were so busy to get your cheap shot in you failed the reading assignment.

7. True Big Blue

True Big Blue Freshman

Hey, it's your team. Maybe Shula will play him next week and USM can work on his legs.

8. chuck

chuck Founding Member

w/o jumping into the flame war . .

I also think Croyle shouldn't have been in the game at that juncture. bama was 2-3 going into the game and UGA was a big SEC matchup for them. If Croyle was clearned by the doctors, he should have started the game.

That being said, if Shula thought he was still hurt enough to not start him in a big game, maybe keep him for emergency reasons, 30-3 and getting completely outplayed was not an emergency, the game was over.

The kid is a warrior, and will obviously do wanted the team needs and the coach says (Which is commendable), but I thought it was just an overall poor decision by Shula.

Granted, all coaches make errors . I'm sure I'm about to be inundated with CTT Errors . .

9. dallastigers

dallastigers Founding Member

I agree. It was a bad call. If he was ok to go in down 27 and be put in obvious passing situations then he should have just started. Not the same situation as Mauck, so no need for comparisons.

10. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

A good coach has to be audacious. He has to make tough calls and sometimes they backfire. This call was a complete screw-up, and Shula deserves to take some flak.

But it's not really a firing offense. Shula could post a losing season this year and not get fired. Bama can't afford another coaching change right now. Every coaching change screws up your recruiting for two years.