Mike Shula should be fired immediately:

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by SabanFan, Oct 5, 2003.

1. chuck

chuck Founding Member

red55 - agree, not a firign offense . .just a bad decision.

2. SouthLink02

SouthLink02 Founding Member

Shula shouldn't be fired for crying out loud. He made a mistake...a major one mind you but one that wont kill the program for years or anything...as all young coaches have done. Richt made plenty of total bonehead calls in his first year.

Live and learn

3. Goodlifetiger

Goodlifetiger Founding Member

It is nice to second quess the coaches. Everyone is wanting to know why Carey was in the MSU game when he was hurt. Hind site is very good. The answer to the Carey question is, he was in the game to run the football.

Shula didn't have a lot of options left when he put Croyle in the game. This is football, sh.. happpens.

4. Proud Tiger

Proud Tiger Founding Member

My two cents worth.......
    1. From talking to bama friends, Croyle is not neccessarily out for the season. As a matter of fact, right now it appears that Pennington's injury may be more serious than Croyle.
    2. Since bama is not likely to have much of a season now anyway, if I were Shula I would save Brodie for another day when he was 100%, and Brodie should stop and think that they pay NFL QBs more than heros at bama (although mabe not by much)
    3. My vote goes that it was dumb to put Brodie in with bama down 30-3. If he was able to play, put him in with the score 0-0 not 30-3 when GA could just tee off on him.

5. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

red55, two years? Maybe one, if you hire the right guy...

Hell, 2000 was run of the mill...but our 2001 recruiting class was #1 in the nation, according to most...and that was 2 years after Saban got here...His 2nd recruiting class...

6. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Maybe not fired but still a poor decision.
    The Mauck analogy: My point was there is no comparison. Croyle seperated his shoulder the week before and was too hurt to start. He should not have been put in. Mauck suffered no injury the week before so it's apples and oranges. As far as the game being put away vs. Florida? Correct me if I'm wrong but it was something like 27-6 with most of the 4th quarter left. Ask Florida (vs Miami) or Alabama (Vs. Arkansas) if that constitutes being "put away". Florida had an explosive offense and a history of tattooing LSU's defense.