Mike's debut postponed

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUfan71, Sep 19, 2007.

1. FrankA

FrankA Founding Member

2. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

Well, think about it, he's lived his entire life (up until a month ago) in Indiana.

Secondly, he's a Siberian/Bengal mix...Siberian tigers are primarily found in north Asia, where it's snowy and cold. Take a look at Mike VI's coat compared to that of Mike V. This Mike has a longer, more furry coat.

He'll come around....but it'll take some time--possibly longer than any of us thought.

3. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

yes, and considering how well he has adjusted so far (according to Dr. Baker), i think lsu is extremely lucky to have him. if he needs extra time to adjust from that yankee climate and shed half his coat, i'm all for it. :grin:

4. StarsofOrion

StarsofOrion Founding Member

Is Mike tame?

I wonder if he lets people pet him and feed him food like hamburgers, french fries, stuff like that.

I used to feed my pet hamster steak and french fries all the time; doughnuts too.

5. ok awesome

ok awesome geaux

Are you serious?

6. StarsofOrion

StarsofOrion Founding Member

lol, I guess in that case Mike doesn't let people pet him...

Seriously, I have no idea how to keep tigers. That's why I asked. I know Bully at MSU probably lets people pet him.

7. ToraToraTora

ToraToraTora Freshman

Give him a break. Technically he's still just a cub (even at 300 lbs.) and he just made his first lap of Tiger Stadium (without a crowd). That would be pretty intimidating for any of us. Much less with 90,000 + fans. I doubt the heat played much of a roll. More likely it was the newness of being in the trailer and being driven around. The more often they do it, the quicker he'll get used to it and eventually come to enjoy it like Mike V did. Be patient. If he doesn't make the SC game, he WILL be at the Fla. game.

8. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

i agree that that could have been intimidating for him, although his veternarian said in an interview that mike vi has shown that he is not afraid of anything thus far. and i did notice that in almost every video of him he is panting like he is hot.

but, whatever the reason, i believe dr. baker will make the right decisions for mike vi. after all, he saw him for the special tiger he is to become six in the first place.

9. BrettStah

BrettStah Tiger Fan

Since he's supposed to grow so much larger than the previous tiger, maybe it'd be a good idea to get a new trailer for him... and this one could be glass-enclosed mostly, somewhat like the Popemobile. It'd be so much better if so, because everyone would get a much better look at him. They could have air-conditioning underneath, pumping cool air for him from below.

10. ToraToraTora

ToraToraTora Freshman

Probably the first hamster in history to require a quadruple bypass.