Miles admits to flea flicker flub

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by mauitiger, Sep 22, 2007.

1. mauitiger

mauitiger Founding Member

I just saw on cbssportsline.com video that Miles called the flea flicker in the second half a coaching mistake

2. TC

TC Le Big Mac

Two much bigger coaching mistakes: Not pulling Flynn earlier. Not figuring out who the hell can return punts besides butterfingers Mitchell.

3. Bayou Bengal11

Bayou Bengal11 ~Orlando Tiger Coonass~

for some reason, holiday returning punts just makes sense to me...i dunno

4. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

Let's give Mitchell a bit of a break. The weather was definately a factor in the dropped passes, fumbles and lost footings.

5. mauitiger

It looks like most of the sports sites are treating this as an impressive win. You've got to check out the pic of Tyson on the main page of ESPN.com.

6. HogCity Tiger

HogCity Tiger Founding Member

"We're not anxious to play LSU again, let's put it that way," Spurrier said. "I think we match up better with Mississippi State, Kentucky, Vanderbilt -- and that's where we are. We're not at that level right now. But a few breaks here and there, we could have pulled an upset. But we're not smart enough -- or good enough."

7. DarkHornet

DarkHornet Louisiana Sports Fan

Wow... sounds like some of the old Jim Mora press conferences when the Saints got done playing the Niners in the 80s.

8. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

It's not like we don't like Mitchell anymore if we complain about his play. But he dropped passes and punts all day. Bottom line, he didn't play well, and apparently shouldn't be returning punts. The one that he was interfered with...he wasn't gonna catch it anyway. The Tigers were lucky the SC guy bumped him...as he was in no position to catch the ball. The wet conditions had nothing to do with that...unless he got a raindrop in his eye.

Just because people complain about the things that did NOT go well doesn't mean they aren't happy with the team. I'm very happy to be a Tiger fan, and I think for the most part...the team as a whole is awesome. It's so much fun to watch the offense AND defense. Special teams? Not so much.

9. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

Although I agree that we shouldn't call our own players names just for a bad day.:thumb:

10. mauitiger

If we don't get ED back for Florida game somone is going to have to step up and be the guy Flynn can count on to not only catch the ball but run good routes and get seperation. There were many times during the game that Flynn just did not have an open receiver to throw to. Now, maybe USC has some stud defensive backs but I also think we need to take this next game and practices and work on route running.