Miles admits to flea flicker flub

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by mauitiger, Sep 22, 2007.

1. Speedy G

Speedy G Founding Member

I actually liked the flea flicker call. I was surprised it didn't work. Obviously, Flynn shouldn't have thrown it, but he's not the first guy guilty of forcing one in that situation.

I think when you have a great defense, you can afford to take some chances.

2. mauitiger

mauitiger Founding Member

Do you think if that play had worked would we be complimenting Crowton or would we still question the call.

3. edyel

edyel edyel

I don't know. I need to break down the game tape and see what we are gonna do against Tulame next week. Its all good guys we're 4-0. Go Tigers!!!:thumb:

4. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

No, if the play works we wouldn't be. However, there was way too much downside and not enough upside for that call. Trust me, Crowton is kicking himself for that one. he tried to get cute and it bit him.

5. GEAUX TIGERS

GEAUX TIGERS Founding Member

6. danthetigerfan

danthetigerfan Founding Member

I think he would have run it back without the blocks in the back. The first block would have been close, the second had nothing to do with the play:wink:

7. CalcoTiger

CalcoTiger Live Long and Prosper IVI

You have to realize where you are in the game.

At that time running up the middle and getting a few first downs and the game ends 30 minutes before it did.

Coach Miles knows that and that is why he said it was a mistake on his part.

8. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

Ironic that Early Doucet began his career much the same way Mitchell has started his: with trouble catching the ball consistantly

9. tigerpub

tigerpub Founding Member

This game never seemed that close except for SC's first drive. After that, we took over. I will say, there were a few nice plays against our defense. Still, never felt a doubt.:lsup: LSU! :lsup: LSU!

10. mauitiger

mauitiger Founding Member

Nicely said. Win the game and get it over with. I wonder if teams feel pressure in this BCS environment to try to run up scores. I don't know if that affects play call during a game but maybe that was the reason for the surprise flea flicker instead of running out the clock.