Miles' Advocates Say "He Wins"

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUTiga, Jan 1, 2013.

1. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

And he does; however, let's look at those "11 Win Seasons" for a second.
    With some bowl games left to play, there are currently SIXTEEN teams who will have an 11 win season.

34 Teams will have 9 wins or better. So what's the point here? Are we really THAT separated from the rest just because we have 10 or 11 win seasons? Obviously, we're not.

For those who will say, "But we play in the SEC", South Carolina is looking to have it's second 11 win season in a row...would you like to trade places? Point being, 10 or 11 wins is a great thing but not nearly what is was at one time. Just look at the teams below with 9 or more wins. 9 wins used to be a good season; now, it's not given a second look. Hell, Vanderbilt has 9 wins this season.

Teams with 11 win seasons (Some have 12)
    Kent St.
    Utah St.
    San Jose St.
    Boise St.
    Tulsa
    Oregon
    Stanford
    Northern Illinois
    Ohio St.
    Notre Dame
    Alabama
    Florida
    Georgia
    Kansas St.
    Florida St.
    Clemson

Teams with 10 win season
    LSU
    Texas A&M
    Louisville
    Cincinati
    Oklahoma
    UCF
    Nebraska
    South Carolina (Looks like bowl game will make their 11th)

Teams with 9 win season
    Texas
    Rutgers
    Northwestern (Looks like bowl game will make their 10th)
    Ohio
    Ball St.
    Toledo
    San Diego St.
    Fresno St.
    Oregon St.
    UCLA

2. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

Little of which is now relevant at this point, thanks in large part to Joe Alleva. If there comes a time in the next 7 years where we think about canning Les, even if there's a guaranteed parallel hire or upgrade it would place us in a very difficult financial position to take the plunge.

Eliminator55 and Richdog like this.
  3. LSUTiga

Money won't be the thing to stop us, there's plenty of money. To me the problem lies with, if not Miles, then who? Maybe Pellini? Fisher? Fisher has an 11 win season too. :D

4. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

He does win, can't deny it, but if its Alabama or Sisterfuck State Arkansas, it always seems like LSU is playing an NFL caliber team. We make our own future NFL players look silly and make players who won't sniff the NFL look like all pros. It doesn't have to be this hard in every fucking game.

5. LSUTiga

Cause now we play 13 or 14 games compared to only 9 or 10.

Cause then we played 9 or 10 games compared to 13 or 14.

Exactly my point. Even though we beat them, they will end up with more wins...11 wins like the ones that alluded us for 110 seasons. Does that make South Carolina ANYTHING?

Kal-El012 and Richdog like this.
  6. LSUTiga

You raise another point that strenghtens my numbers. Games ended in a tie then. If that was still the case Miles wouldn't have nearly the same record.

7. LSUTiga

Oh I've never heard that said from our fans- I may have in jest but not seriously. I can easily defend that in saying we had the best two loss team resume- and it wasn't even close.

I like the "no loss in regulation" better though. :D

LaSalleAve likes this.
  8. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I could make the case that talent wise LSU had the most talented team in the country in 06, 07, 10, 11, and 12. Yet somehow we manage to completely stink on offense when it matters, and alot of the time when it doesn't. Yes there have been some games where the D has looked bad, but as a whole they are typically the best D on the field in every game. 06, our offense fails us in the 2 losses, in games we should have won, 07 I'm skipping, and we all know which unit is to blame for 10, 11, and 12.

9. ThePhenom74

ThePhenom74 Founding Member

Miles wins at an exceptional level. LSU has rarely had a "bad" season under his tenure. LSU routinely puts together 10+ win seasons. The thing is that his mistakes are so glaring it makes you forget all the success. He makes some of the most boneheaded mistakes that are very costly. Another issue I have is that LSU has often times regressed during the seaon. As well as a big lack of focus. His clock management has been amateur like. The play calling is another big factor. As LaSalleAve has said, LSU has had arguably some of, if not the most talented team in quite a few seasons.

Overall he has been widely successful and wins at a high level. I for one just have a difficult time fully embracing him.

10. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

not this thread again