Miles' Advocates Say "He Wins"

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUTiga, Jan 1, 2013.

1. ThePhenom74

ThePhenom74 Founding Member

College talent and NFL talent are two different subjects. You can be an all time great college player but not translate well to the NFL. Example, Tim Tebow, Ron Dayne, etc. and many others who had excellent college careers but didnt make it in the NFL.

2. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Another great post.

3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

That's the point Tap, they aren't being fucking developed.

4. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Actually, Les gets three extra chances a year. Mac got 11 regular season games plus a bowl game. Les gets 12 regular season games, plus the SECCG if he earns it, plus a bowl game.

5. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Miles' winning % is fool's gold. We win games in spite of him, not because of him. He's cost us at least one, probably more national championships. If he doesn't do the right thing and hire a competent OC with a proven track record for developing QBs and we suffer another season like this next year, then it will be time for a change.

6. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

Why don't you mention all of the other 10-11 win seasons all of those teams have had since 2005?

7. geauxgirlsguy

geauxgirlsguy Its cold here.

Typical, we all watch the team underperform. Seem spotty on offense at best, and yet we aren't allowed to be critical of what we see. I love LSU, not a coach or coaches. We have one of the highest paid coaches in the country, one of the highest paid DC in the country. Now we need to spend the money to hire a top tier OC. I am not calling for Les's head just saying the school needs to hire a higher level OC. These disappointing loses and disgruntled offensive players will lead to tougher times in recruiting. Don't want to see us slip back. Besides its Clemson I friggin hate Clemson.

8. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Same reason I have a cell phone and not a land line.

9. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Kus the list wouldn't look as good.

TigerTap likes this.
  10. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

lsutiga, the nice lady who hates Clemson, and everybody else who is mad with CLM today:

The time to make a change at the LSU Head Football Coach position was some time ago, not now. LSU just gave CLM a raise and a seven year contract extension. What's the buy-out for that contract? I'll bet that it is HUGE.

CLM has not gotten worse at coaching. I bashed him many times in the past for what I perceived to be his faults. I was bashed for bashing many times by fellow fans. I'm tired of bashing CLM, because it is a "no win" position. For every fault you can find, every mistake you say he has made, you will find legions of CLM fans to defend him and attack you for your opinion and criticism. That's why it's futile to bash CLM.

The LSU administration embraces him with his new contract, and, I accept that he's LSU football for AT LEAST the next five years, probably seven or longer.

WE ALL KNOW WHAT CLM brings to the table with regard to coaching ! We need not discuss in this thread at length what are and are not his coaching attributes, because all observers of LSU ball are aware.

CLM is not going anywhere. Accept what good things he brings to the table and overlook what you perceive as faults. Be glad that LSU did well this year, and don't get upset if you see more of the same next year. He is what he is and he is not going to change.

We will have a winning record and go to a bowl game in 2013. I guarantee this.

LSUTiga likes this.