Miles' Advocates Say "He Wins"

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUTiga, Jan 1, 2013.

1. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

This was the same game we've played under Les for years - we often win 'em despite the lame offense. I'm not excited for next year unless we get a new OC, and then... maybe. With no changes I expect the same next year - hope the defense kicks it up a notch.

I feel like Les has squandered in the past and will squander in the future, opportunities. But, sure, all coaches have their flaws. I think what lsutiga said has some merit, though. 10+ win seasons aren't what they used to be. I'm thinking Les is our Lloyd Carr, Frank Solich, Phil Fulmer. That's good enough for a lot of people.

2. lsu-i-like

I just don't see much difference in criticizing the worst possible win (most games in Miles career) and the best possible loss. My passion is getting squeezed. How did Miles get a raise?

3. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

Of course. As do we all.

4. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

He deserved the raise, but, a seven year extension seems more than average. Maybe a 3 or 4 year extension would have been better.

5. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

No one is arguing that fact. I'm not saying fire Miles or even entertain that thought, but we cannot continue to solely rely on our defense to win every game for us, every season. Miles is going to have to realize that he puts way too much pressure on those young men, and that his lack of offensive prowess is the difference between what has become status quo for LSU and National Championships.

6. lsu-i-like

I think it as justified to criticize this loss as much as it is to criticize the multitude of wins that have been underwhelming. The way we played wasn't a shock, we've been seeing it for years.

I don't think he's lucky as much as he sets the stage for success and when it is time to execute he stumbles through it. Please praise LSU's offensive performance so I know how one is supposed to react to what we saw 12/31 (and all season, and for multiple seasons).

7. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

You don't have a landline because you're intellectually dishonest?