miles and jimbo

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tigerlandgal, Jan 16, 2005.

1. tigerlandgal

tigerlandgal Freshman

saw les miles and jimbo with part of the football team along with some recruits at basketball game. jimbo and miles really seemed to be getting along and cutting up like good friends. never saw that kinda of relationship between saban and jimbo. miles appears to be a great fit for the lsu faithfull, he seems very personable and down to earth, a good change from saban. also nice to see that he got some of the team to come out and support lsu basketball together. it sure is nice to see a guy enjoying time with everyone instead of the same ol business attitude that saban had to everyone including fans. i guess time will tell though, dont matter how nice you are if your not winning. but lets hope thats not an issue\
    :thumb:

2. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

What is it with this guy Miles? Every damned post makes me like him more and more!?!?! :thumb:

3. GMan14

GMan14 Freshman

:eek:ldskule: I hope that this does not mean that Miles will not have control of his team. You know what happens when you lose control of your team (Dinardo). This is a business. Maybe Saban was not the most liked man in Baton Rouge but he did win LSU a National Championship. And I think it is because of his business type attitude. Look at Bear Bryant, winner and business like attitude. I think it is better like that. I don't think Miles can afford to let the players get to close to him. He needs to have the "business" attitude.

I hope I am wrong and we are holding another trophy next year!:crystal:

4. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Excellent first post Gman. One of the finest I have ever seen from a first time poster.

5. philter

philter Founding Member

Give me a break, Miles idolized and was coached and mentored by Bo Schembechler.

I'll say again...he is a BO SCHEMBECHLER protege'.

He will have control of his team, in fact it is widely reported he is a control freak like Saban - and runs his football camps like Patton ran combat drills. The fact that he's a nice guy and can get along with his coaching staff and players (off the field!) is a great sign. Means they won't grow to hate him like another coach, ahem, when he works their azz off.

6. philter

philter Founding Member

Oh yea, welcome to TF :)

7. PGTiger

PGTiger Founding Member

That's good news, thanks for the info tigerlandgal. Miles seems like a good guy but he also can be a business man when its time for it.

Our players may want to win for Miles more than they did for Saban because he is a better guy to be around. The players wanted to win for Saban because Saban KNEW how to win. Miles is a fun guy off the field and a Saban guy on the field.

8. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

I really think Miles was a good choice and I'm looking forward to years of success with him...BUT...there's only one Saban and I wish we still had him:

http://www.acadiananow.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050116/SPORTS/501160336/1006

9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Dinardo was a likable guy when he first came to LSU. We all know how that turned out. I hope Miles can be as much of an azzhole as Saban when it time to crack down on somebody who is out of line or is just not playing the Miles Way.

10. john randolph

john randolph Founding Member

Yea for the players to like the coach would just be horrible. I mean teams where the coach is liked tend to really suck(USC). They never have good records. COme on guys. Its crazy to think that the players have to have a distant relationship with their coach. It just depends on the coach and how he gets the respect of his players.