Miles asks for waivers for new hires

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by boblinfoto, Dec 15, 2009.

1. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

Nothing concrete. I would ask, and don't know one way or the other, but what if Miles is going after a bigger fish in a serious bowl, in that the news is being kept air tight.

2. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Nothing that big is ever kept air tight and I would applaud Miles if he was that sneaky.

He would have to have his assistants in the dark as well but it goes back to the problem that top OC candidates usually have a big problem not having any coaching decision authority.

3. LEGACY TIGER

This I agree with, but from what I have heard and much of the media releases almost supports, Crowton didn't have any input in the hires that have been made. You never hear his name in any of the releases or Miles interviews as having had any input, or at least I haven't. Such as Miles and Crowton are excited to have Wilson and Gonzales aboard. Just an observation.

4. bhelmLSU

2theadvocate.com | LSU Sports | LSU staff questions still unsettled — Baton Rouge, LA

5. LEGACY TIGER

Bhelm, thanks for the article. That does seem to indicate that Crowton isn't going anywhere, but based on the comments by Miles,"Miles said Crowton was comfortable with the addition of Gonzales" it doesn't appear that Crowton was involved with the hiring. Still leaving the question is he on borrowed time.

6. bhelmLSU

This clears up the Porter, BG, and Wilson ruling which is expected sometime today.

New LSU assistants remain in limbo | shreveporttimes.com | Shreveport Times

7. LEGACY TIGER

That is good news, if Miles can't get what he would prefer, then it is time to move on.

8. Bayou Bengal11

Bayou Bengal11 ~Orlando Tiger Coonass~

Larry Porter will not coach in the bowl game...Gonzalas and Wilson have been cleared to coach.

9. bhelmLSU

Excellent news...

10. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Yes, better to bring the new guys on board now rather than hang on to someone that's leaving especially since he's just a position coach. It will give the new coaches an excellent chance to see what they have to work with and where improvement is needed.