Miles bashers show true colors

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by roynav, Dec 6, 2009.

1. BAY0U BENGAL

BAY0U BENGAL I'm a Chinese Bandit

Who was it that said that Saban's teams were so disciplined and didn't commit penalties like Miles' teams? That was my favorite.

2. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

It is the most important result of a game, but there are other important things that matter. Good teams don't say, "Hey, we won, let's NOT go back and look at the tape for things we could improve upon."

If LSU were to have an undefeated season I'd be ecstatic. The more mistakes we make, though, the less ecstatic I'd be. The less dominant, the less ecstatic. The less perfect, the less ecstatic. When comparing two undefeated teams, one can say they are equal, but examining things more closely leads one to believe otherwise. Most wouldn't say Boise St = Alabama and many think the crimson koolaid stands a good chance of rolling the bonghorns.

To some extent you make your own luck and you most certainly can out work your opponent, which has nothing to do with luck.

I'm not going to give names. I could throw out hot names, but hiring coaches is not an exact science, and most schools throw good money to hiring committees. But I wouldn't say there isn't a coach out there who could be better than Miles. Sure, no coach is perfect, but some shortcomings are less important than others and some strive for perfection better than others.

I defended Miles last season, I just feel like there is plenty of record there now to come to a conclusion.

I think you are comparing apples to oranges. Saban coached under very different circumstances from Miles. But were we to still have Saban, I think we'd hold him to just as high a standard as we hold Miles to now. I think Saban would have handled Katrina fine, but that's conjecture on both of our parts.

I've said many times I don't judge games solely on which team won the game. I judge teams by the content of their wins and losses, and while I agree that how they lose is very important, I think the way they win is also important.

Honestly, it would sound great but I wouldn't jump on with guns blazing without knowing more.

I'd belly up to the bar and eat my crow, as I did following the NC in 2007. I never thought we'd win that one and have since become of the opinion that my initial suspisions about Miles were correct and that the NC fell into his lap. I defended the guy all last season and was (and still am) particularly happy about the way he handled the Perilloux situation (though it may have been out of his hands, really).

3. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

It is apparent that we are going to agree to disagree, and I am ok with that. For I learned a long time ago that there is probably very few, if any, that you can change there opinion, based on posts on a message board. What is important is having a civil conversation, where both parties can acknowledge and respect the others opinions. I look forward to talking at the end of next season. For now we will see how things pan out. I will be the first to acknowledge I am wrong should we see another mediocre to just good team. Next season should show some vast improvement and that is what I am hoping to see. I know that you are hoping for the same, so hopefully we will meet, give a high five for a great season, and say remember the conversation we had, thanks it was nice.:wave:

Happy Holidays to you and yours, and may you be blessed. :geaux: :LSU231: :milesmic:

4. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

heaux heaux heaux :thumb: