Miles bashers show true colors

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by roynav, Dec 6, 2009.

1. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

True. We have Elmer Fudd on our sidelines. LSU will not sniff Atlanta with Les, except maybe a Peach Bowl bid.

2. Chase0316

Chase0316 Registered Fan

Les Miles record that the sunshine pumpers boast about was on pure talent.

but Les miles blows game even when we have more talent then the other team(ole miss). its simply being out-coached. It is the head coaches job to make sure players develop, utilize players, call time outs, and maybe step in when the play calling is a little out of whack. it seems he can do these things poorly but on the other hand he is an OK recruiter, for now.

And i was talking about les miles previous success not his current. Now his coaching is interfering with the talent. Lets see what happens next season.

3. alfredeneuman

alfredeneuman Founding Member

I bet you loved Dinardo, too, didn't you. He was such a great ambassador for the university and the state; his "Bring Back the Magic" tour was enough to garner your support no matter what his record was, right? Man, get off it. Your branding those who disagree with you as "disloyal" and "haters" is old and tiring.

4. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

Crip, you my boy, but I'm really getting sick of hearing this one from you.

USC losing to Stanford in October was just as important to our title run as Pitt beating WVU the last week of season.

Just like VaTech losing to BC mid season, OU losing to Colorado, etc., etc. etc.

Would people still be in love with Saban had all 5 games we needed not gone our way the last weekend of '03?

If you're not undefeated, you need a little luck on your side. We got that luck in '03, and we got it again in '07. Not a single coaching decision by Saban or Miles made those other games go our way. Not one. Lady luck smiled upon us, and we got our shot at the trophy. Both coaches capitalized and won the game.

5. WestCoastTiger

WestCoastTiger Founding Member

roynav, had enough yet?

Don't ignore the facts here. I don't want to support Saban because I cannot stand what he did to LSU. The truth is the man has won 23 or 24 straight regular season games, he has a top 5 recruiting class every year since he got there and he coaches up the talent.

CLM is a great recruiter in his own right but we don't get as much out of our players as he does. He will play freshman and sophmores with talent. We generally spinkle those guys in (see Shepard and Randle). That's the difference here.

6. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

let me know when Miles has a LOSING season like DiNardo did in back to back years.

let me know when Miles breaks the all-time LSU record for consecutive losses like DiNardo did.

Jesus H. Christ, Miles is about to win 10 games for the 4th time in 5 seasons.
    That's something that has never been accomplished at LSU before now.

If leading the most successful 5 year run in our history isn't good enough for you, then I've got bad news for you.
    The odds of it ever getting significantly better is slightly less than winning the lottery in back to back weekends.

1 person likes this.
  7. Chase0316

Chase0316 Registered Fan

Hmm i bet with the talent miles has had for the last 4 years i could put my LSU hat on, walk around with headphones on, and just tell the team to play football and let me oc and dc do the work and still win 10 games.

8. $TigerFan$

$TigerFan$ Father of CajinKid

I must admit I am guilty at times of wanting Miles on the bus. Usually comes from frustration over bone head mistakes, but that's just me. I also think Saban is a great coach, more my style with the discipline his teams plays with. With that said there is NO WAY I would trade Miles for Saban. He left and made his choice. As far as I am concerned it is his loss. He no longer coaches at the best school in the Nation. He walked away from Steak to have Tofu. I think our guys are in much better hands in developing into great men. Miles is better for the program and he now coaches at the best school in the nation. :miles:

As much as I would like to win em all, I rather be in the hunt and have a program that is not tainted. We have a responsible pilot at the helm and we are in much better shape then we have been in a long time.:thumb:!twocrystals!

9. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

same could be said about Florida's talent level, but Urban Meyer hasn't done it.

10. LSUTIgerSTL

LSUTIgerSTL Freshman

That must be why your phone is ringing off the hook with all of the coaching openings out there. :) Seriously, if you're going to point out Miles' mismanagement of the Ole Miss game (yep, it's true, that's what he did!), and others, you might try to do it in a reasonable and believable way. I support the Miles bashers' and lovers' rights to their opinion, but it gets fairly laughable when I read comments like "My grandmother could coach as well" or that anyone of US could. Hey, if they DO call you for an opening, can I be your OC? I'm fairly offensive........:hihi: