Miles bashers show true colors

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by roynav, Dec 6, 2009.

1. BAY0U BENGAL

BAY0U BENGAL I'm a Chinese Bandit

Dude. Winning NC's every year is easy with the skill set to junior varsity on NCAA 10.

Truth is. People around here don't like CLM because he's a CEO type head coach. They want somebody in there that's going to be calling plays. Maybe he should be doing that. Maybe we would've beat those 3 other teams we lost to had we had better playcalling. Or maybe...... This game could be played all day.

What's really dumb and annoying is, even though there wasn't an LSU football game this week, the people that usually don't contribute to converstations with anything of value will start bashing threads or pumping threads. You learn to cope.

2. Chase0316

Chase0316 Registered Fan

What skill does miles have that couldnt be found in any average joe who knows football. Does he excell in anything that is noteworthy? He has gotten this 10 win season only by luck. It was luck that arkansas missed the field goal in overtime ( which i was there to see ). It was luck kissing us on the face in the georgia game with the scott run. Its just a metaphor about the football coaching thing, and I'm glad you got a laugh out of it. :rofl:

1 person likes this.
  3. alfredeneuman

alfredeneuman Founding Member

All things remaining equal, are you satisfied with where the program is right now? The issue is not Miles' record; the issue, plain and simple, is with loyalty. There are those who have loyalty to the program, and those who have loyalty to the current coaching staff of the program.

Look, bitching and complaining is every passionate persons' (politically correct term, of course) right to exercise; it's what makes LSU athletics. The Office of the POTUS is bigger than the person who currently occupies that seat. This is the same principle; nothing wrong with questioning the current state of affairs without being branded a disloyal f---.

4. BAY0U BENGAL

BAY0U BENGAL I'm a Chinese Bandit

Say what you will about ms state and usl, but the fact that the defenses stopped drives on the goaline is pretty sweet. I was there to see both of those games, too. I also saw the Arkansas game live. It may have been luck, or it may have been arky choking. Way to not give the team any credit. You're a fun guy

Attaboy. Take away something earned from a talented Charles Scott. That boy made a play happen, but it was luck. No skills from CS?

Do you do speeches at elementary schools telling them that there is no Santa, etc.?

I'm by no means thrilled with how this season turned out, but it was bad luck that we didn't get that holding call from the refs against Florida. It was also bad luck that we didn't get that int, plus about 17 other calls that were pulled in favor of Bama at home.

In my eyes, CLM lost us one game. Ole Miss. He did. That's a fact. It's true. That game was lost by the head coach. I'll bet money that if LSU still had your daddy as a head coach, and then that LSU team lost to Utah in the Sugar bowl, after being demolished by Florida in the SECCG, you'd be calling for his head, too.

Some people can't be pleased. We usually call them women.

1 person likes this.
  5. Chase0316

Chase0316 Registered Fan

You're right. He doesn't win 10 games a season. More like NC's and 12-1 seasons. Throw a little coaching to talent and that's what you get.

6. Chase0316

Chase0316 Registered Fan

Hey now, when did i ever discredit any of the lsu players. They dont get paid, so i never complain. Ever. But those games should of never gotten that close so it was very lucky or let me rephrase this. Talent saving les mile's ass yet again. btw if you get paid 4 mil a year why not expect some criticism. LSU players on the other hand shouldn't because they have very little spending money compared to the coaches pockets. So please don't ever call me out taking credit away from the people that matter the most, our players.

7. Chase4LSU

Chase4LSU Waiting on Mettenberger

I wouldn't call a majority of Miles' critics disloyal. I love Miles, but I have certain issues with some aspects of his coaching that I think he could do better on. Does that make me disloyal? I don't think so. I felt the same way about Saban when he was here.

The disloyalty, I think, comes from people with nothing better to say than "Miles sucks!!!!" over and over again in an effort to build their post number. Many people prefer Saban's approach to coaching than Miles, because it is a more visible syle, easier to comprehend when half drunk and watching a game. If they constantly lament the loss of Saban, they should swap to Bama fans, and in a few years, swap to whatever school or professional football team he prostitutes himself to.

8. geauxtigs

geauxtigs Tigers Forever

:geaux: Guess you forgot about that stellar 9 - 4 season in '07 while losing to a fairly mediocre Michigan team in the Cap One Bowl. Don't think CUM's '05 season was anything to write home about either. :LSU231:

9. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

there is a difference between having concerns, and comparing the guy with the best 5 year window in school history to the guy with the longest losing streak in school history.

we have a lot of room for improvement. no one has ever denied that. Miles has his flaws, no one has ever denied that.

It just seems that people here have forgotten how difficult it is to compete in this league.

Look at what Saban did in '04 with an inexperienced QB. He went 9-3 with several really unimpressive wins.

Look at what Pete Carrol did this year with inexperience at QB. 6th in the Pac-10

Urban Meyer lost 4 games with the Heisman winning son of god as his QB in '04.

Bob Stoops lost 5 games this year.

Every coach/school in the entire country has peaks and valleys. it's a part of football. if our valley is a 8 win season followed by a 10 win season, I can live with that.

1 person likes this.
  10. geauxtigs

geauxtigs Tigers Forever

:geaux: Agree. CLM has won 51 games in 5 yrs with a bowl game left to go. If 8 wins is the worst we ever do, I too can live with that. It could be much worse. See Michigan. We can't win the SEC/NC every year and some folks don't or won't see that. :LSU231: