Miles bashers show true colors

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by roynav, Dec 6, 2009.

1. Crip*TEAM KATT

Crip*TEAM KATT As Wild As We Wanna Be

10 games and we cant play for our conference championship if you are happy with mediocrity thats fine!

He can continue to win 10 games a season and finish 2nd in the SEC west each season. What it comes down to is playing in the SECC game win or lose we should at least be there every single season!!!

That should be the goal for this team..period! And he is not gonna be the guy to get it down.

So if y'all are happy with mediocrity thats great!!

2. Chase4LSU

Chase4LSU Waiting on Mettenberger

Alas, the best comment on this thread

3. BAY0U BENGAL

BAY0U BENGAL I'm a Chinese Bandit

Critisism should be expected. But by saying that only lucky breaks for Miles is the reason for wins is not giving credit to anyone, especially players. And even though players aren't paid, they can still be subject to certain critisism.

4. ccgw

ccgw luv'em Tigers

I think coaches like Petrino and Saban are good SOB coaches; but knowing Miles, and his record, I'm sorry, I would take him and support him anytime over the former two as a college coach. I think there is more to just winning games and titles...........

5. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

name on coach/team that has ever done that

as dominant as Spurrier was, he didn't do it
    as good as Meyer is, he hasn't done it.
    Saban didn't do it.
    Richt didn't
    Fulmer didn't
    Tuberville didn't

It has never been done, and probably never will be done. To hold Miles to that standard isn't fair.

And if you consider 10 wins to be mediocre, you probably won't be satisfied with our next coach either. No matter who he is.

6. Chase0316

Chase0316 Registered Fan

i never said there shouldn't be any criticism, but there shouldn't be any blaming players for a loss of a game if they truly gave the best they got. Of course it gives credit to the players because if les miles isnt getting credit theres only on other option. the players. it's just the players aren't being played to their maximum potential. maybe you can scapegoat it to the OC but the HC is still supposed to step in at some point though.

7. geauxtigs

geauxtigs Tigers Forever

:geaux: Winning 10 games a season IS NOT mediocrity. And you will ALWAYS be disappointed it seems because LSU will not "be there" every single season. Just ain't gonna happen no matter who the coach is. Fla. and 'Bama won't either. CUM hasn't and won't do it every year and Saban hasn't and won't either. And I'm pretty sure that playing for the SEC and NC are goals for the team each year.

Too many things can affect a team throughout the year that don't have anything to do with the coach. Injuries, breaks, bad calls, etc, etc. Some years LSU will "be there" and sometimes they won't. That's just the way it is. :LSU231:

8. PGTiger

PGTiger Founding Member

I believe we lost to Iowa in the Cap. One Bowl and finished the year 9-4.

9. Chase0316

Chase0316 Registered Fan

Repeat, Repeat.

Cincinnati's coach went undefeated this year so far with half the talent lsu has. it can be done. and if he had our talent whos to say he couldnt repeat it again.

10. geauxtigs

geauxtigs Tigers Forever

:geaux: Facts. Truth.