Miles bashers show true colors

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by roynav, Dec 6, 2009.

1. lsutigerfan1976

lsutigerfan1976 Freshman

to me its not so much bashing miles and praising saban because he left. to me it is because you see how saban's teams play vs how miles teams play. Meaning the lack of displine, mistakes, execution etc that lsu does not do. I think most ppl would be fine with miles if his team executed to their potential which it hasn't at times.

2. alfredeneuman

alfredeneuman Founding Member

Playing for it every year may be a little strong; competing for it every year, with the talent brought into the program, isn't. I'm very appreciative of the W/L record of LSU over that same 5 yr. span. I'm not even on the "fire Miles" bandwagon. I am, however, not satisfied the coaching staff has gotten the most out of the players this season. Yes, it is an improvement over last, but I also don't accept lip service as a means of self-congratulatory props.

3. geauxtigs

geauxtigs Tigers Forever

:geaux: He also did it in a weak conference that didn't have half the talent of what Cincinnati would have faced in the SEC, Big 12, etc. When Coach Kelly and Cincinnati go undefeated against major teams in major conference that can beat you on any given Saturday then come back and talk that argument. :LSU231:

4. Chase0316

Chase0316 Registered Fan

They beat Miami with no talent and they are playing florida on january 1st so ill come back and "talk that argument":thumb:

5. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

I'm not ecstatic about the way this season went down either.

Pretty sure Florida fans weren't throwing parties in '99 when Spurrier lost 4 games.
    But I kinda doubt they were putting up For Sale signs in his yard either.
    Prolly didn't want him fired when he followed that up with a 3 loss campaign the next year.

1 person likes this.
  6. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

Miami of OHIO
    not Miami of Florida

7. geauxtigs

geauxtigs Tigers Forever

:geaux: Beating Miami, Fl. a second tier ACC team is not what I'd call impressive. Was that the Miami they beat? The win over Pitt wasn't something to write home about either. Again, when they go undefeated against a tough conference schedule every week, come back talk 'em up. You ain't got much to talk about right now.

8. Chase0316

Chase0316 Registered Fan

My mistake entirely. minus the miami they still beat pittsburg and south florida.

9. Chase0316

Chase0316 Registered Fan

If they beat florida then i do. trust me i know how weak every conference outside of the sec is and im not giving them credit. just naming coaches i think would fit the job.

10. geauxtigs

geauxtigs Tigers Forever

:geaux: Oh yeah, South Florida. There's a power house.:rolleye33: :LSU231: