Miles Doesn't Get Respect on a National Level

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerFan23, Sep 26, 2007.

1. TigerFan23

TigerFan23 USMC Tiger

1 person likes this.
  2. JoeReckless

JoeReckless Founding Member

Very nice job Casey Gisclair. I agree with you 100%. I love you, even though you are a hippie. (jk)

[​IMG]

3. TenTexLA

TenTexLA Founding Member

Nice job Casey! I guess if you asked each coach that has played LSU to rank the coaches of the SEC it will come out a little different. Since Tom Dienhart is not qualified to be a coach in College football he will just have to figure this out after everyone else already knows what he can't see. LSU has the best team so far this year and is coached by one of the best coaching staff's in college football. :thumb:

4. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Nice article.

Why don't we hear that Pelini is coaching Muschamp's players?

5. TenTexLA

TenTexLA Founding Member

Does anyone dare?

6. geauxgeauxhon

geauxgeauxhon blah blah blah

I've made a list of the top 100 sportswriters in the nation.

Tom Dienhart barely makes the top 100, coming in just behind the squirrel family in the tree ouside my office window (because, theoretically, if you give them a typewriter, they'd eventually write something decent), and just in front of my toaster (which cannot type).

7. Morton

Morton Founding Member

It's kinda pathetic how Miles gets no respect nation-wide. And what is their main argument against him? He is winning with Saban's players. When did winning become a reason to not respect someone? Would they respect him more if he was losing with Saban's players? Or how about he just doesn't play Saban's recruits?

It's the stupidest argument to make against a coach.

8. Speedy G

Speedy G Founding Member

Yeah, I have never been able to figure out the "he's doing it with someone else's players" knock. Who cares who recruited them? The current guy still has to coach them, right?

I guess you could say Saban is largely responsible for the current talent level, but that's a knock on recruiting, not coaching. And, of course, Miles' recruiting has been just fine, according to every expert out there.

It's a silly argument, expecially three years removed.

You could certainly say Miles has had it relatively easy, b/c he didn't have to build the program; it was in pretty good shape when he got there. But, that seems like a different argument.

9. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

10. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

How can we expect Miles to get respect on a National level when he hardly gets if from our fan base? Since the BCS bowl, it's MUCH improved; however, I'd say it's only lately that he's REALLY won-over the majority of our fans.

Though many of us were witholding judgment and not critical, per se, our fans are tough and we don't give out respect easily.