Miles' Final Four Speech

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by bhelmLSU, Apr 3, 2008.

1. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Van and Miles together must be hilarious.

Miles spoke to the ladies after their practice today.

http://www.2theadvocate.com/sports/17252874.html?showAll=y&c=y

2. blindside517

blindside517 Founding Member

thats awesome, glad to see the coaches from other sports involved with each other.

3. luvdimtigers

luvdimtigers Founding Member

how many times do you think he said enjoy?

Actually, My daughter's boyfriend is in the Tiger band, he said that Miles gave them a little pep talk before the first game, you know, just letting them know how important the band is to game atmosphere, helps the team, etc.

He said he couldn't believe how much different Miles talks when he's not in front of the cameras. He said that he left the whole band fired up.

4. LSUtiger327

LSUtiger327 Pow right in da kissa

miles and van?

i smell a sit-com!!!

5. clair

clair Rockets

Miles is not the mono-tone guy who says "capable" or "umm" after every word he says when he isn't at a press conference.

I was there yest when he addressed the team..

The team was left real excited.

A memorable quote I had was: "You don't see me. You don't always hear me. You don't always see my ass in the seats. But you ladies don't know how much I've watched you this season and how much I care about the success of this team."

Erica White: "How often have you watched us coach?"

Miles: "I am the husband of a coach, even though I may not be much of one myself. And my eyes have been on you ladies' games since the better part of November."

Van Chancellor: That is the good thing about LSU. It's an equal opportunity place. Because I'm with coach Miles. I'm not much of a coach myself.

(laughter).

6. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

i love seeing true support from the coaches to other programs.

they dont seem to do the "its good for my career to be seen" or "the administration told me to be a team player" bits, but instead are real fans.

i like seeing that type of investment in the school and other athletic programs.:thumb:

7. P&G_wheelz007

P&G_wheelz007 Football anyone?

Or, how many times did he say "quality" or "damn strong"??

Gotta love Miles!!!

:crystal::geaux::crystal::geaux::crystal:

8. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

Isn't this the way things should be? A University of one. Growth and support from within. Combined leadership at all levels. Leadership everyone is proud to follow!

Phenomenal example of what the colors Purple and Gold can do for you. Not to say this does not exist elsewhere but it’s always refreshing to lead by example.

:tigereye:

9. Berge

Berge Founding Member

His first year here he did not make a good impression with Tiger Band. I didn't blame him, but he just did not understand what the band means to a lot of people, and what the respect of the coach means to the band.

I've heard him speak to the band three times and they got better each year. (Saban started this trend of speaking to the band the day the 325 is selected.)

10. Tigerbnd05

Tigerbnd05 National Champs 2003 2007

Saban only came and spoke to us once in 2002 or 2003. His wife came twice when they still had the pre-season party that was "paid" for by the Sabans. It was neat. However, the only other time I got to meet Saban was as a section leader in 2004, his final season, and only because he wanted us to teach the incoming freshman Hey Fighting Tigers. In my 4 years (the last 4 of Saban's years) He only spoke to the full band once. It was neat but not awe inspiring.