Miles, Fisher, and Pellini.........

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUTiga, Sep 9, 2006.

1. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

obviously did a great job in keeping focus on AZ and not looking ahead. I never was anti-Miles (my first choice was Ferentz) but the more it goes, the more I like what he represents. He's accomplished a lot of postive things already under tough circumstances.... going back to last year with all of the heartfelt turmoil the Hurricane caused our area. He believes in his kids and seems to have good rapport.

Let's not forget to give him credit deserved b/c if we'd squandered the 24 pt. lead at half.... ala Tenn. you know what we would be posting.

Keep up the good work Coach Miles. Auburn will be a handful but so will the Tigers. I like our chances after what I saw today and the depth is phenominal!

2. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

I was just reading the Auburn boards. They were watching tonight, and even though they know Arizona sucks (and, yes, they do), they are starting to fear us.

I think it's justified. We're looking good.

3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Well, Mississippi State sucks far worse. I've been over to the Auburn boards too and many of them are seriously underestimating LSU. They seem to be worrying about rising in the rankings more than winning the next game.

That home win streak will not last forever. I think we can take these guys. It ain't going to be easy but it's absolutely do-able.

4. tenebrism

tenebrism Founding Member

lsu 23 - auburn 20

and i'm sticking to it

5. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

:crystal: LSU 38 AUB 20

6. friedriches

friedriches mr. t

I don't know. Turnovers will be the key. We're having problems holding on to the ball against opponents that aren't even hitting us. Imagine what it's like against someone that DOES.

7. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

It won't be easy and turnovers will be a big factor. Also, if you remember back to last year, AU did a great job picking up our blitzes, so that's bothersome if that trend continues. One thing for sure though, the D will remember that 200yrd game Irons had and will be ready for their running attack. If MSU can hold him under 100, I know we can.

8. friedriches

friedriches mr. t

But though they held Irons, Cox had 250 yards and 2 TDs. Can we play such a spread offense for the whole game? Other than turnovers, keeping our D off the field is the big key. If JRuss can make the best of the advantages he's given, as in PAY ATTENTION, then we'll do fine.

If not, Flynn will come in. And if that happens, I can't help but see us coming back.

9. TejasTiger

TejasTiger Founding Member

This will be a real test for JR, as you know Muschamp will go right at his weaknesses.

If JR keeps his composure, we're in great shape on Saturday. I'm not predicting a score, as it's just one of those "I want to get in and out with a win" weeks.

10. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

We must play turnover-free ball, but if it's any consolation, when I was on the AU boards, I believe AU also turned it over 3 times in their game yesterday. The turnover bug can go either way.