Miles, Fisher, and Pellini.........

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUTiga, Sep 9, 2006.

1. houtiger

houtiger Founding Member

Miles, Fisher and Pelini:

The more I see of CLM, the more I like him. You ask a head coach to hire good coordinators, and he did that. You ask him to recruit well, and he has done that. You ask him to represent the university well, and I think he has donel that. Les seems to be a good person. The first season, it seems it was so strange with the huricane, that he had to manage to something so unusual, that he was not being his true self. He had to step in and follow Saban, who we kinda deified there for a while, and that's NOT EASY TO DO, AT ALL!

CLM had some MAJOR CHALLENGES last season, and he met them very well.

This season, I see a more relaxed person in a more normal setting. I like what I see. I thought it would take 2 years to evaluate CLM, and I still feel that way. I must say my impressions at this point are very POSITIVE.

Jimbo, we all know how good he is, what an asset to LSU he has been.

Pelini, we are just beginning to appreciate. We fell apart against Tenn. last year, but I think between the huricane distraction (Rita) and just learning his defense, we lost our composure for a minute. Certainly looked good against Bama, Auburn, Fl., Arky, and Miami. StaceyO says this years defense may be better than 03, remains to be seen, but it could happen. I see more speed out there right now.

We have a very high quality staff, and it starts at the top.