Miles for RichRod--One 4 One Trade

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by charlie_c0756, Nov 27, 2009.

1. charlie_c0756

charlie_c0756 Founding Member

I truly believe that if RichRod had of had the QB he needed, he would have won at least 10 games this year. His type of offense doesn't work without the multiple threat QB running the offense.
    This being said, I love the morals of Les Miles and I don't like the morals of RichRod. However, maybe lessons have been learned in the last 2 NCAA football seasons.

I truly believe that with the talent on LSU's football team, they could have beat ANY team in the nation this year with the right coaching. I am REALLY disappointed with our coaching staff. I know that things happen in the course of a season. But I do not think that last week's game is a situation that LSU can chalk up to "sh*t happens".

SO........how bout give Michigan a real "Michigan Man" as their head coach and give LSU RichRod and we can see where the chips fall?

I REALLY believe that with the team LSU can field, RichRod will have the talent he needs to run the offense that he loves. PERIOD.

Hell, Michigan wanted Miles really bad, right? He turned em down. We were happy he did, right? Well,,,,,,,what would have happened if he took the bait, went to his alma mater, and RichRod wound up at LSU with the talent that we obviously have? I honestly think that we would be in a much better position at this point.

I love you Miles, but negotiate the Deal, I think RichRod would be much happier here as you would in Michigan.

And for all the CRAP I'm gonna take for this post, I know, I'm sorry, but I think I'm right.

2. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

3. charlie_c0756

charlie_c0756 Founding Member

4. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

Um... hell no... he did WVU very very wrong in several ways when he left there, and he's taking Michigan further into the toilet... I think if he did come here, he'd run this program into the ground within a season or two, and leave it worse shape then all the Miles haters say he's done.

5. Chase4LSU

Chase4LSU Waiting on Mettenberger

It was wrong in that thread, and it's wrong in this one. Rich Rod messed over WV to go to Michigan. Once there, the team did horribly last year, and they're approaching mediocre this year. Also, look at the scandals being investigated there now. Michigan's name is tarnished for the moment, and while that can be fixed, it will take time. I think Rod had his chance in a big conference and is blowing it. A swap there is not needed nor wanted:milesmic:

6. TUSKtimes

TUSKtimes Riding the Wave

Love you Miles, but negotiate the Deal, I think RichRod would be much happier here as you would in Michigan.

And for all the CRAP I'm gonna take for this post, I know, I'm sorry, but I think I'm right.[/quote]

Woe there partner, Let me try to talk you off that ledge.

My first reaction when he agreed to coach Bama:

'Please no, in the name of everything decent about SEC defenses, what do they think their doing'?

His greatest year, when he left, their defense was ranked 101st in the country.

That's not going to translate in the SEC.

Doesn't seem to be going over well in the big 11.

7. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

Right on.:thumb:

8. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

Okay, let me see if I have this straight. You want to exchange Les Miles, who so far has won 16 games in the last two years and could add two more to that total, for Rich Rodriguez who has won a total of 8 games in that same two year period because Rodriguez is a better coach. Oooooooookay.:huh::dis:

9. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

that was just pointing out what others had already said to the idea and that it had been brought up before. nothing more.

but since you ask, i dont like the idea of richrod coming here. there has been a lot of dissention on the mich team this year and im not sure that the players there dont have problems with him. when the players sell you out about possible ncaa violations, something is going on. that just makes me wary.

im not gonna make this a pro/con miles thread, im just saying i am not sold on rr right now.

10. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

Shredding paperwork on future recruits and sabatoging WVU before departure tells me, per this hpothetical situation, we as LSU fans should NEVER be sold on RR ever. Just my opinion though.