Miles for RichRod--One 4 One Trade

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by charlie_c0756, Nov 27, 2009.

1. charlie_c0756

charlie_c0756 Founding Member

I hear ya. I just think that RichRod does amazing things with a superfast offense and a mobile QB. If Pitt hadn't beat WVU in '07, we've would never of had the chance to play for the NC. Just my opinion, I could be wrong. I don't have a high opinion of RichRod's morality, if that's the question. But, I like his coaching style.

2. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

but that type morality can get a team on probation. coaching style doesnt mean caa caa if a team is on probation.

3. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

RR has failed miserably at Michigan. Why in the hell would we want him here?

4. LSUTyga73

LSUTyga73 Football Connoisseur

All of RR's success has come in the big least. Nuff said. He has yet to prove he can put together a competent defense. That won't fly at LSU

5. Chase4LSU

Chase4LSU Waiting on Mettenberger

My thoughts exactly

6. Weisguy

Weisguy Veteran Member

I don't think Michigan, or at least, their AD, Bill Martin, really wanted Miles. There was a lot of support among Michigan alumni and former players for Miles because he was a Michigan Man. But, I remember reading that Martin didn't want Miles, and it got spun that Miles rejected Michigan in favor of LSU.

The thing you have to remember is that part of Michigan's problems was that it regarded itself too highly and was too stuck in its way in a evolving college football game. You couldn't continue to win in today's college football playing Michigan Ball, and the last thing Michigan needed was to get another Michigan Man.

Michigan needed an outsider to come in and shake things up. And, given all that he had to change, its foolish to expect RRod to do all that in only two seasons.

But, with AD Martin leaving, who knows? I know Martin has said that RRod will not be fired, but how does he guarantee that when he leaves and a new AD replaces him? New ADs love to come in, and bring in their own guys.

I bet Jim Harbaugh, another Michigan Man, is kicking himself for all those critical comments about Michigan academics. I can't see Michigan ever forgiving Harbaugh for what he said about his alma mater.

7. charlie_c0756

charlie_c0756 Founding Member

What you failed to mention was that RR beat every SEC team he faced while at WVU.

And I know he's no defensive mastermind. But I think LSU is headed in the right direction defensively at this point. It's the offensive play at LSU that has me baffled.

8. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

and i really think that gets changed with a new oc next year.

9. alfredeneuman

alfredeneuman Founding Member

New AD = 8 wins or Rich Rod's out. You're right, Martin did not want Miles, that's why the deal never happened, at least that's what was reported in Detroit. Harbaugh is a popular name right now, but let's see where he stands next year.

Hope LSU doesn't have to go through this for a long time, but next HC needs to be a defensive guy.

10. LSUTyga73

LSUTyga73 Football Connoisseur

And I'm assuming most of those games were bowl games, where you have a month to prepare. You don't get that once you're in the SEC playing opponent week after week.

We are headed in the right direction but RR's philosophies might interfere with that. He was a big 3-3-5 guy at WVU, I'm not sure whether he still does that at UM. There's a reason he's never had a good defense and I'm not so sure it's been his defensive coordinators fault each time.