Miles gives indication he is staying at OSU per article Noon Thursday

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by max, Dec 30, 2004.

1. max

max Founding Member

Alamo Bowl: Five Questions
    By Robert Allen
    Date: Dec 30, 2004

Robert Allen explains what happened to the Cowboys in the 33-7 loss to Ohio State in Wednesday night's Alamo Bowl in San Antonio.

Where does the situation with Les Miles and LSU stand?
    I spoke with Miles and with his wife Kathy. Both insisted that Les was not going anywhere. Miles said he is the head coach at Oklahoma State and will continue to be the head coach at Oklahoma State for a long time. He even joked when told of the stories that he was going to interview with LSU.
    “If I were hiring, after that game (Alamo Bowl), I wouldn’t talk to me,” joked Miles.
    The Cowboys head coach said he is not scheduled to talk to anyone at LSU and doesn’t plan on talking to anyone from LSU. He is committed to continuing to build the program at Oklahoma State.“We’ll be back next year going to a fourth bowl game,” said Kathy Miles. “I don’t plan on being anywhere other than Stillwater.”
    Things could change, but Miles is not a liar. He’s played the media pretty good on this, and the attention doesn’t hurt him, in fact, it helps him. It could help in getting his most coveted facility for the program, an indoor practice facility. It could also help in recruiting as OSU is battling LSU for several key prospects including Houston Westside standout R.J. Jackson, Dallas Kimball defensive tackle DeMarcus Granger and Tyler Lee offensive lineman Ciron Black.

2. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

I don't think it means much. He might be saving face in case LSU doesn't offer him.

3. Geauxld Member

Geauxld Member Founding Member

Yea,
    His poor showing last night may have hurt his chances.