Miles had Brain Surgery in 2000. . .

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by lsu_dane, Oct 22, 2010.

1. lsu_dane

lsu_dane Founding Member

do you think that's why he has some issues with answering questions or making quick decisions?

This link was posted in the AU forums asking the question if maybe there was a link between the way he talks to the media and possibly the brain surgery effecting his motor skills or processing skills.

Les Miles had brain surgery in 2000 to remove a cyst.

This isn't to bash the guy. I'm just curious if maybe some of his behavior can be explained as effects of the surgery.

2. lsuforever

lsuforever Founding Member

Maybe that's why these cardiac arrest type games don't send him to the doctor (unlike other coaches). The man has gone through a scary moment in life and has a different perspective now in terms of prioritizing what should really stress him out.

Glad that it was nothing serious. I like our coach and wish him continued success.

Geaux Tigers!

3. TigerBacker70

TigerBacker70 I'm the Cock of the Walk!

No, that's just Les being Les.

It is surprising to me though that he's a Stones and Led Zeppelin fan. He gets points for that.

4. lsu_dane

lsu_dane Founding Member

But was Les 'just being Les' before 2000 and the brain surgery? I know it's kind of an impossible question to answer, but I wonder if pre and post surgery those that know him can tell a difference.

5. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

What it doesn't say is that Les performed his own brain surgery. Now if he could only remove the tumor named Jordan Jefferson.

6. N-AL-LSUfan

N-AL-LSUfan Freshman

Didn't know that but glad to hear he has great taste in music :thumb:

7. Gold Nugget

Gold Nugget Veteran Member

I'm sure Guilbeau must hate having written that article. It portrays Miles in a positive light. Not the horrible coach who can never meet the impeccable Nick Saban's standards which Glenn laments.