Miles haters may get their wish.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Texas_Tiger, Oct 27, 2010.

1. Texas_Tiger

Texas_Tiger Tiger Stuck in Aggie Land

2. LSUDieHard

LSUDieHard Founding Member

I bet all those Buff fans were ecstatic about getting Hawkins from Boise, just as some LSU fans salivate about all the coaches that will be beating a path to Baton Rouge. Be careful what you wish for.

3. Bud Lee

Bud Lee Call me buttercup

4. Berge

Berge Founding Member

This scares me to death. LSU fans are pushing Miles out. He will not be fired, but he may leave. People just assume that LSU will get a super-great-fantastic-all-timer coach automatically.

Coaches fail. Frequently.

Lloyd Carr "retired" at Michigan after his last 5 years went 46-17. Rich Rodriguez replaced him and went 3-9 and 5-7, and seems to have a decent year going this year.

Franck Solich at Nebraska. Fired after an 8-3 regular season. 58-19 at Nebraska. Callahan followed him and went 27-22.

The grass is not ALWAYS greener. I just have a bad feeling that we will miss Les Miles greatly when he is gone.

1 person likes this.
  5. Mike in Memphis

Mike in Memphis Old Tiger

Oh there are several folks who post here regurlarly who are pretty sure they could do one hell of a good job and it would certainly be a upgrade in their pay. Then they could show us how a Division I coach is supposed to run a program and we could have fun second guessing their every move, statement and mistake. Might be fun - but the program would crater.
    :eek:ldskule:

1 person likes this.
  6. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

that would not surprise me at all.

7. pharpe

pharpe Founding Member

I can't believe that Miles would voluntarily walk away from the golden contract that he has at LSU to take a step backwards in his career. Unless the pressure at this level is just too much for him. That may be that case though as he is a big family man and maybe wants out of the pressure cooker that is big time college football to spend more time with them. He already has a NC so maybe he thinks he's proved himself and is be ready to go somewhere where 7-5 is a celebrated season.

8. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

I don't think I will see Les in Boulder any time soon. Hawkins is going to get fired. It's not if, it's when.

Dave Logan would be a serious contendor for the job. McCartney's too old.

9. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Missed this part?
    They don't want him.

10. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

Seriously? Les Miles is going to voluntarily walk away from nearly $4M/yr because some fans are hurting his wittle feelings and he'll show us good to teach the fans a lesson? Give me a break. Coaches have to deal with disgruntled fans at all levels. You don't make it to the college football ranks in charge of a top program without growing a thick skin.