Miles haters may get their wish.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Texas_Tiger, Oct 27, 2010.

1. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

They'll go, but you'd see a lot more season holder no-shows and more people bumming tickets outside the stadium. When all of Skip's moneybag fans stop paying full price for tickets, then you've got a problem. Supposedly there were a larger number of no-shows for WVU than the season-opener. I haven't seen numbers to confirm that.

2. CajunPunk

CajunPunk TF's Resident Realist

Miles is a coach that got out of a Dodge Neon and into a Ferrari.

No way he leaves on his own. Going to CU would be like going back to OSU, but worse. Besides, Miles maintains success (or tries). I highly doubt he could build a team from the ground up.

He may be dumb on game days, but he's not a stupid man. He can deal with fans for $4 million.

Only in Baton Rouge. No other respectable, big name program with tons of money to spend would want him (whether he leaves or is fired) at the helm.

1 person likes this.
  3. KingEmeritus

KingEmeritus ofthePoint

I'm getting mentioned in a thread where I haven't even posted. I've really hit the big time.:bncry: I told myself I wouldn't cry.

1 person likes this.
  4. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

buffalo chips is what it is. Les is not going to coach at Colorado. Red will say something bad about obama before this happens. As for a replacement, eh, don't count us out. I'd bet there are a lot of coaches out there saying "boy if only I had that type of talent". Put enough bait on the hook and they will bite.

5. RHans405

RHans405 Let's Roll

In the 90's attendence was down so much that Joe Dean wouldn't let home games be shown on Tigervision to try and force fans to go to the stadium to watch the game. If the product on the field isn't good enough, fans will stop going. Of course those were losing seasons. Miles has not had those type of seasons.

6. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

What scares me more than Les Miles leaving for greener pastures, is Joe Stinking Alleva making the next coaching hire. Now if that doesn't scare you, i don't know what will.

7. KingEmeritus

KingEmeritus ofthePoint

Scared enough to quit being a fan?:hihi:

8. kluke

kluke Founding Member

I bet the Irish and Wolverines thoght the same thing.

9. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Founding Member

Just don't see Les leaving LSU for any job other than Michigan, and even that is bigtime questionable, plus they gotta want him first, and that's the real trick.

While I wouldn't call Colorado a second-rate program (they have won national championships, though it's been, what, 20 years since their last one?) I would say the LSU job is far more advantageous at the moment. Colorado has fallen on really hard times, and it will take a top-dollar, top-tier head coach with a mind-blowing 5-year plan to get them back to national championship relevancy. I'm not sure Les has the will for that. Why would he want to do that, when he is at the head of a program with the reputation and support of LSU, in a conference like the SEC, and has dominance over one of the most fertile recruiting grounds in the country, allowing him to reload with blue-chip talent to stay in the hunt pretty much every year?

I think the real threat for Miles to walk off (or the joyous oppurtunity to unload him at no cost to LSU, as the negatigers would see it) would be Michigan getting a chance at a do-over in a few years, when the Rich-Rod experiment ends in an EPIC FAIL (yes, I'm calling it right now). "Oh, Michigan won't want him, they see what a moron he is" the negatigers will say? We'll, genius golden-boy offensive guru ain't exactly workin' out for him, and everybody in Ann Arbor hates him too, 'cause he's a jerk. I look for U of M, just like Nebraska, to go back to their roots post-Rod, and bring in a Son of Schembechler to put things right. Whether that will be Les, and whether or not he's really interested, and whether or not they will show him the money, well, we'll just have to see.

10. CajunPunk

CajunPunk TF's Resident Realist

Are you related to Miles?